Intro Yourself

Options

Replies

• SouthPawSings
    SouthPawSings Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Hello, My name is Molly and I'm new to MFP. I am almost 23 yo and have an almost 20 month old daughter. I've always fought my weight as a child and watched my mom get gastic bypass to lose her life threatening amount of weight. Now I find myself in a similar situation, my body is showing signs of stress like my mom's did and I really need to lose over 100lbs. more like 200 since I weigh 344lbs right now. I've been trying off and on for the last four months to start this process, I bought a treadmill and it sits in my dinning room. I live a very inactive lifestyle and I don't have a lot of money to spare. I have a big problem with food, and carbonated drinks. I'm drinking a lot of water now and working on getting the treadmill in my regular routine. When spring hits I want to go walking with my family and doing a lot of things outside, but for now I need to work my stamina up and lose some weight. I need motivation and I need to be kept responsible for my actions. I am happy to be apart of this group and will help be supportive to anyone else who needs it.
  • pnece
    pnece Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    Welcome to all you new folks!!
  • venus_blue
    venus_blue Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    Hello all.

I'm Billie, a 41 year old doula, personal chef, mother and wife. I've struggled with weight issues most of my life, but recently weighed in at my heaviest since I was pregnant with my youngest son who is now 16. (I was already obese when I became pregnant and gained much more than I should have while pregnant.) I've lost weight (and regained) plenty of times, but have never managed to reach my final goal weight. I am determined to make it to my goal before my 45th birthday, but plan to lose that 109 pounds well before then and keep it off. I'm hoping joining this group will help motivate and inspire me to stick with it this time and finally be the fit and healthy woman I know I can be.
  • BonnieReneeM
    BonnieReneeM Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hello, my name is Bonnie. I am a stay at home mom. I have one son 18 months. I have over 100 lbs to loose. I am just sick of being over weight, its embarrassing. Even doing fun things with my son are so hard for me. I'm hoping MFP and all of you can help keep me motivated. I have a long journey ahead of me.
  • tchereej
    tchereej Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! So glad to be here and meet you all. I have about 102 lbs to lose. I come from a family of extremely obese people. My grandmother was about 450 when she died, and all of her children are between 300-400 lbs. scares me to death! I could lose control of it in a blink of an eye! Recently I've been watching "My 600 lb life" on TLC and wow, talk about motivation. I realize those people have all had weight loss surgery, but the fact that many of them do not succeed tells me that their diet and exercise is more important than the surgery. Even with surgery they have to work extremely hard! Just seeing how far some of them come is really inspiring. If someone can lose 300 plus pounds, then I can lose my 102. It's not impossible!

Very excited to be here and get to know you all. Hopefully we can help and support each other through this experience. Looking forward to it!
  • midnightjogger
    midnightjogger Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Hello, I'm Patty. I decided to join mfp back in November, 2013. My starting weight was 265 lbs. I've managed to lose 27 lbs. so far-thanks to mfp. I think the turning point of my weight loss has been the reality of knowing I'm in this for the long haul. It's a life-time commitment. I turned 50 this year and know that my health will begin to deteriorate if I don't lose the weight. My goal is 133 lbs. This is because this was my old weight before I gained and I always felt my healthiest, even after having four children.I've had a recent set-back with a knee injury, but i'm continuing to lift weights every other day and staying within my calorie goals most days. Hoping to be able to get back to my exercise routine pretty soon.
  • nellie1967
    nellie1967 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone! My name is Luann, I'm 46, single and my "child" is a dog named Barney. :-)
    This is my first posting on MFP even though I've been on here for months.
    I started out last June at 311 pounds and so far I have lost 34.6 pounds.

My doctor referred me last Spring to a nutrition counselor. I hemmed and hawed about going for a few months and last June I finally did it. They did a battery of tests and found out I was pre-diabetic just 1 point away from being diabetic as well as having extremely low vitamin D. So they put me on Metformin, Phentermine and a large vitamin D dosage as well as taking some classes they offer. I've been averaging a 1 pound a week weight loss which my doctor is very happy with, I wish it was more.

I'm an emotional eater and that I find really hard to control. I also have bad knees and feet which loosing weight will help but makes exercising more painful. I also HATE to exercise and have a hard time finding the get up and go to do it like I should.

I do have some hobbies, knitting, reading and I'm addicted to too many TV shows. I also spend a lot of time with friends and family.

Well I guess that's it about me for now. Feel free to add me as a friend.
    Thanks for listening....Luann
  • gurlygirlrcr80
    gurlygirlrcr80 Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone!
    My name is Karen, 33 years old, single, no kids (1 cat :) ), I used to weight 323 pounds on November 24, 2012 and as of today, January 29th, 2014 I have lost 113 pounds and I feel fabulous :) I'm back to being able to call myself an "athlete" again. I play volleyball and softball competitively and I work out, run, lift weights and whatever else I feel like I doing. I used to ride horses and I'm looking forward to getting back into that.
    I"m always looking for more friends so feel free to add me.
  • theraholmes
    Options
    Hi everyone!
    My name is Thera I am 36 years old and I have 3 kids all boys my oldest is about to turn 20! yes I know I had him at 16 worked went to high school met my husband and then went to college had 2 more children now about to be 12 and 4. I am an artist a jack of all trades master of none I do everything have sold painting and art and jewelry. I'm an amazing cook! hate to toot my own horn but I think I could be an amazing chef (part in parcel my problem with over eating lol)
    I have a whack of health issues underactive thyroid, kidney stones, osteo, arthritis and degenerative disk disease was in a wheel chair when I left the house for 2 years until surgery. I'm not going to lie being lazy learning to drive! having 3 kids, eating without paying attention or even caring and wallowing in my disabilities have all contributed to my current state. I am 273lbs and I've had enough!

There is no I'm going to try and lose this. I WILL LOSE! I"m going to keep working and working at it does not matter the length of time (I lie I'd like to see results tomorrow i'm impatient) But I have to tell myself it took time to put this weight on its going to take some time to take it off.

I work out 5 days a week at average 48 min a day. I east aprox 1400 cal a day less than 60 grams of fat and under on most days 150 carbs. I started the first week doing atkins lol I gained 7lbs so I just recently lost the 7 that I gained so I"m now at 273.

I have however lost so far 10 inches in total!

I also quit smoking about 2 weeks before this I"m so obsessive with working out and what I am eating that the no smoking has not bothered me lol (I had been cutting down for 2 years I was down to 3 cigs a day)

So That is me so far! I love reading your stories and really can't wait to follow our successes! I don't know if you're like me but I need my ego stroked (When deserved) I don't believe in sugar coating things. But I will help others and take advice from others as well. Here's to changing our life and trust me change is good!

Thera :)
  • lleecc
    lleecc Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Hi y'all! My name is Laura - middle aged, married, two teenage boys, special ed teacher - and I have struggled my whole life with my weight. I am needing to lose 100+ pounds and am looking for supportive people who understand the unique challenges of substantial weight loss. I enjoy reading, music, basketball, happy hours, and Netflix! :happy:
  • FJDodd
    FJDodd Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    Hello, I just joined the group today. My friends call me Lulu. I am 29, and a single mom with a wonderful 5-year old son. I started out in September with a startling doctors visit and 177lbs to lose. I still have about 150 to go and am hoping to be under 225 by my 30th birthday next January. Good luck everyone and feel free to add me if you want some extra support!
    <3 Lulu
  • Mandie_27
    Options
    Hi! *waves* I'm Mandie: 28 years old and living in SE Wisconsin. I work full time in the insurance field and am a full time college student working towards my bachelors in healthcare management.

Shortly after Christmas I decided that enough was enough. I was sick of being fat, I was sick of being winded just after walking up the stairs to my office, I was sick of my knees hurting, and everything else that is associated with being obese. Leading up to my decision to start a healthy lifestyle I did a LOT of research. I researched BMR, eating to lose weight, clean eating, and everything in between. Finally I took the plunge and decided to just do it already. I have switched everything to whole grain, am trying to incorporate more vegetables and fruits into my diet, am trying to be very conscious about portions, and I'm working on putting more activity into my life.

To celebrate the first 20lbs that I lost (starting weight: 313), I bought new sneakers to do Zumba in.

Last week I struggled. I didn't do Zumba at all, I slacked off on my portions, and I didn't log anything (former Lose It user). I want to get back on track before it's too late, and I have heard more good things about this website than any other one. I am always open to new friends, and can use motivation just like the rest of you so feel free to add me if you'd like.

I'm looking forward to going through this journey with all of you.
  • bloodhoundlady
    bloodhoundlady Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Hi I am melodie. I have been with mfp since January though I joined briefly in 2012. I have been on this weight loss journey since June 2013. I did it mostly due to my high blood pressure and desire to ride my horses again. I work part time as a cardiovascular nurse. It can be slow and frustrating at times and with an occasional set back but know eventually I will reach goal. Since I have been losing my blood pressure is now normal with no meds thank you and hope this spring to start riding again.
  • DesertGarden
    DesertGarden Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hey! I'm Leah and I'm 5'9", currently 243lbs and just turned 30. I've done a bit of yo-yoing over the last few years, having started at 300, gotten down to 215, and then recently back up again. I really want to get down to 170, and have just starting trying to move back in that direction. I'd been on mfp before, but this time I really want to be more social with it. I think support is what I was missing in the last year, and I'm really hoping this will help.

Great to meet all of you!

58571795.png
  • elishamarshall39
    Options
    Hey all my name's elly. I am 22 5'3 and weigh 306 pounds. It has been a battle losing weight since I was around the age of 16. losing between 20-25 pounds but gaining more and more each time. It has been way too long I have started back eating right since 3 days ago. At the moment i'm cleansing out my system this week with certain foods and walking 3 miles 6 days a week. I hope to stay on track and seeing so many people do the same shall put me forward. Please feel free to add me. :) I hope to one day be at my goal weight of 150 but for now i'm working to get to 250 by losing 10 pounds a month
  • andrencice
    andrencice Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone!

My name is Jenny, I am 29 years old and current weight is 276 lbs. I started on mfp January 2013 and have lost 30 lbs since then. I have a very active soon to be 3 year old son and plan to have one more to complete our family. We run an agricultural and livestock farm in northern Alberta and I am a nurse as well. We are a busy family and I thrive one day to keep up and one day be a healthy role model for my family!
  • JannyNYC84
    Options
    Hi Everyone, I'm a newbie on this site.

Basically, I've always been a "plus-sized" person and I'm just over it. Just today I stepped on the scale and saw an outrageous 326lbs! This is no longer working for me and I've decided it's time to get serious about weight loss once and for all. I'm hoping some community support and guidance will help along the way.

I look forward to chatting with all of you.
  • pltme5673
    Options
    hi, im 27 year old male former nfl player at 6'9 415lb currently, since i have started my diet 3 weeks ago, I have lost 30lbs, so thats awesome. I am looking forward to continuing to lose weight and get into the 275-280lb area. I just feel it was time to let this weight go, since no longer playing football and a father. carrying around the weight is not needed, im extremely healthy for my size and just ready to get it gone.

Any help and support will be great and returned, thanks in advance
  • msdeb424
    msdeb424 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    :smile: :smile: :smile: Welcome to all the new and returning peeps! It's amazing how similar our feelings are when we start this journey! MFP has soooo much to offer. I've learned that there isn't one right way of travelling this journey. Find what works for YOU! And be gentle with yourself. Change takes time. :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • bouncylilginger
    Options
    Hey My name is Amy. I'm a single mom. my current goal is to lose 125 (then I'll see from there!) I was down at 215 a few years back (that's the lowest point I'd been at since before high school!) but got was off track so now I'm picking it back up and I can't wait!