so let's take a guess..

restart logging
get back to regular gym attendance

anything else ladies?!

Replies

• hnsaunde
    hnsaunde Posts: 757 Member
    Options
    This may sound odd, but I'm working in January on eating enough fats and fiber. I just learned recently that the percentage I set for myself based on the ETP and IPOARM groups was a minimum, not a maximum, so I can go over, as long as I'm not going over on overall calories at the same time.

I want to see if I can better control my hunger pangs this way, so it's kind of an experiment for me :)
  • marvybells
    marvybells Posts: 1,984 Member
    Options
    Today i hit my December goal of deadlifting my body weight. yay!....but I am still working on getting there with squats. (almost there )

Also, I started a new job that is physically demanding & have been working a lot lately. I want to make it a point to keep up with lifting. I may take some additional rest days after a day of a lot of lifting & carrying stuff at work as I do not want to get injured. i think that is reasonable, but i want to try to keep it to no more than 1 extra day of rest after each session.

Lastly i want to try to fit some cardio in. I have really slacked off in that department lately. so I hope to fit in one or two 20-30 min cardio a week

Good luck to everyone in achieving your goals :smile:
  • ErinRibbens
    ErinRibbens Posts: 370 Member
    Options
    Continue lifting 3x a week, no excuses. I have kettle bells at home if I can't get to the gym due to weather or sick kids. I prefer to lift 3x per week PLUS do kettlebells or some form of cardio 1-2x per week, but lifting 3x per week is my bare minimum and sometimes that's all I can get.

I'm not tracking calories or logging food right now but trying to eat in moderation and watch my sugar intake since that's where I tend to binge. That's what I did in December and despite overeating for the holidays lost a few pounds!

So in short, eat right & exercise! :bigsmile:
  • krokador
    krokador Posts: 1,794 Member
    Options
    I want to get down to 173lbs. (Current ~183lbs without the holiday bloat)

It's insane but I'd rather shoot for the moon and miss than not try at all.

But for the record, I'm doing a fat loss challenge since the end of October (and it ends January 31st) and I just don't want to lose it xP

And then February will be all about gaining maximum strength without losing the loss gains... Wut?
  • lmhbuss
    lmhbuss Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    I'm trying to up my calcium intake. I consume waaaay to little...especially since I'm not huge fan of dairy that doesn't come from ice cream. Also, trying to get enough sleep, which is hard to do since I work swing shift and get up with my daughter at 8 am (toddlers just don't understand the concept of sleeping in).
  • juniet31
    juniet31 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    -- Increase protein intake and carbs to try and find the right amount of food that won't leave me feeling hungry the entire day nor barely able to finish workouts :-P i mean I've lost 2 lbs in the past month which isn't great since I am trying to build muscle not lose it.

- continue working on form -- especially with DL ---> try and get to at least 150lb this month

-Do some meditation and yoga every week

-increase bench and ohp these have really been slacking

-Continue to have fun being a beast in the weight room :-)