January workout check in thread

Options
1101112131416»

Replies

• SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    work out A for me today..Last one for January...it's been a good month for all that's for sure

Staying at 135 to work on form...still conflicting on parallel but going atg anyway. I guess I always felt if you got parallel or lower it's good. Listening to the information given by watching the So you think you can squat series

Squats 5x5 @135 really concentrating on atg, chest up, pressure on proper spot of foot.and put a box behind me to make sure I was getting low enough

These were "easy" compared to wed night...going to move to 140 Monday...

BP tonight is at 110...almost got it last time so crossing my fingers no failure tonight....

BP got out....5x5 Yahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh :drinker: :drinker: :drinker:

Rows @ 108.5 tonight after deload. Really gonna concentrate on my form etc. My negatives here are an issue too I don't like not being in control....but I am letting it go down a bit quicker than normal...

Rows 5x5...hehe

Pleased to end the month on a high note...

Almost at squat goal too....not sure if my weight will come down or squat weight will go up but I suspect I will meet...at 155-160...:drinker: .
  • crossroad2012
    crossroad2012 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    OHP: 92 lb. 5x5, but the last set wasn't great. I think I may need to wait between sets a little longer.

That my dear is mighty impressive!
    BP tonight is at 110...almost got it last time so crossing my fingers no failure tonight....

BP got out....5x5 Yahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh :drinker: :drinker: :drinker:

Yay! Way to go!

Workout B today

Squat:
    Warm up: 2x5 45lbs.
    Work: 5x5 80lbs.

OHP:
    Warm up: 2x5 45lbs.
    Work: 5x5 60lbs! Yay no fail this time!

Deadlift: 1x5 145lbs.
  • krokador
    krokador Posts: 1,794 Member
    Options
    I wasn't going to not workout today even though I did end up staying in bed this AM.

Tapout XT Cross Core Combat. Very core intensive workout. 45 minutes. And the Killer move, called the grinder, calls for:

10 push-ups
    10 tuck-ins
    9 close grip push-ups
    9 tuck-ins
    8 wide push-ups
    8... you get the idea? all the way down to 1.

I think this is the first time I complete this without a single push-up done on the knees (I did have to put my knees down and switched to doing mountain climbers on the even numbers after 8 lol). 6:40! I'm happy!

Now I'm off to go eat some poutine and play bowling =D
  • _TastySnoBalls_
    _TastySnoBalls_ Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options
    I wasn't going to not workout today even though I did end up staying in bed this AM.

Tapout XT Cross Core Combat. Very core intensive workout. 45 minutes. And the Killer move, called the grinder, calls for:

10 push-ups
    10 tuck-ins
    9 close grip push-ups
    9 tuck-ins
    8 wide push-ups
    8... you get the idea? all the way down to 1.

I think this is the first time I complete this without a single push-up done on the knees (I did have to put my knees down and switched to doing mountain climbers on the even numbers after 8 lol). 6:40! I'm happy!

Now I'm off to go eat some poutine and play bowling =D

I did a couple rounds of Tapout XT and some of XT2. I absolutely love Mike Karpenko and really enjoyed XT, XT2 was a little much imo. Now that my main focus isn't Tapout, I've lost my push-up gains from it (all the crazy types/amount of pushups in that program sheesh).
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    OHP: 92 lb. 5x5, but the last set wasn't great. I think I may need to wait between sets a little longer.

That my dear is mighty impressive!

I totally agree...that's amazing...hope I see that number.
  • viglet
    viglet Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    New to the group...

I completed my second day of 5x5 and I have to say I really enjoy it but I am not sure what to make of my first days.

Workout A :
    Squats- 45
    Bench press- 45
    Barbell row - 65 FAILED 5-4-5-4-3 (seems impossible tbh)

Workout B
    Squats - 50
    Overhead press- 35
    Deadlift - 90

I honestly am not sure what to make of it... I have been watching a lot of form videos and nothing hurt so that is good.

My knees did make a lot of noise while squatting but no pain.
  • wolfsbayne
    wolfsbayne Posts: 3,116 Member
    Options
    ok, so, I had my workout on Sunday instead of yesterday since my son and I visited the college he'll be attending in the fall. I'm quite impressed with myself.

Squats: 135 lbs I've been here for a few workouts and this time they were pretty easy. A quick personal question: My fiance and I had some sexy time 3 times that morning :blushing: Would that have boosted my testosterone to make my sets easier? Just curious.

OHP: 70 lbs. Failed on this one, but only on the last 2 sets. I got 5-5-5-4-4.

Deadlift: 215 lbs. Got all 5 of those bad boys up! Looking forward to trying 225 on Friday.
  • jennicole4
    jennicole4 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Checking in for week 1 and the beginning of week 2. My first workout didn't go as planned because of the disaster training session. Thankfully haven't seen that guy again! I didn't start on all the weights suggested in the PDF because I was worried about form and wanted to make sure I had everything down with relatively lighter weights, so don't tease me for my sissy numbers! Lol. I watched some of the suggested videos but also buff dudes on YouTube. They're funny and I like that they show you common mistakes and what not to do in addition to proper form.

Training Session:
    Squats 65 on Smith machine 3x20
    Bench press regular 45 1x20
    Bench press on Smith machine 50 2x20

Workout A: Squats 45 5x5
    Bench press 45 5x5
    Rows 40 5x5

Workout B: Squats 50 5x5
    OHP 20 5x5
    Dead lift 50 5x5

Workout A: Squats 55 5x5
    Bench press 50 5x5
    Rows 50 5x5

I am Loving this program! I actually look forward to going to the gym and being able to up my weights. I never believed runners or anyone else when they talked about that exercise high. All I have ever felt was tired and sweaty. But now I get it. After I lift, even though it's not impressive yet, I leave feeling accomplished and flooded with endorphins. It's amazing. I'm still tired and sweaty, but I feel happy too! I finally look forward to working out instead of just forcing myself. I probably sound like an idiot, but I'm so excited to finally click with a form of exercise! Can't wait to go again on Thursday!
  • jennicole4
    jennicole4 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Shoot! Sorry I posted in january's thread