Hello

Options
Hi, i am lucky at the moment as i have tonsillitis, so not eating at the moment, but I know as soon as I am well again, night time munchies will happen. Anybody with advice please. I have cleared the house of temptation, hopefully getting my mind in the correct place. By asking myself, what will I gain from eating this chocolate bar/crisps.
Wishing everyone all the best for 2014.

Freya4A

Replies

• mellowadam
    mellowadam Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    Happy New year everyone!
  • musetle
    musetle Posts: 70
    Options
    good luck <3
  • LilchookNZ
    Options
    Hi, i am lucky at the moment as i have tonsillitis, so not eating at the moment, but I know as soon as I am well again, night time munchies will happen. Anybody with advice please. I have cleared the house of temptation, hopefully getting my mind in the correct place. By asking myself, what will I gain from eating this chocolate bar/crisps.
    Wishing everyone all the best for 2014.

Freya4A

Hi Freya,

I to do the same when I started - clear it all out. I find a taste of one of my 'trigger' foods can send me in to a day/week/century long binge, sadly unlike some people who seem to just be able to 'have a little' of whatever they want and leave the rest of the jar/packet/bag in the cupboard. Some things I still avoid, like peanut butter and white bread (actually basically all bread - get carbs from oats and rice crackers etc) but I have found a number of handy substitutes which helped fill me up on days when you want that full belly feeling. I have moved to dark, sugar free chocolate - godsend! and huge variety of vegetables now make up the biggest proportion of my diet.

You can do this. I have to believe it is possible because I can't go back to how I was. It's not living. We can do this!

xo Meg
  • askeates
    askeates Posts: 1,490 Member
    Options
    Hello all, my name is April and I get the midnight munchies :wink:

Actually I never had a problem with binging before I had my last child in 2012 at the lovely age of 39. When she would wake up in the middle of the night for her feeding, I would want a feeding too. It has gotten much better as she has gotten older and doesn't wake up until between 4 and 6. We get up, she has a cup of milk, I was getting a handful of chips or a couple pieces of chocolate. The last month has been much better, but now I get the munchies in the middle of the day ALL THE TIME!

I've been getting pears and cutting them up, and when I get the munchies now I grab a slice.... it's just not helping, I still would much rather have that cup of cheetos! I NEED AN INTERVENTION :laugh:
  • waffletops
    waffletops Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone.

I'm a big binger, and I can't remember when this started, I just know that if I want something I have to have it.
    The thing is I don't know when to stop when I start, and I just go round in a vicious circle of binging, guilt, starving, binging....etc etc.

It's not healthy and I certainly don't like doing it and if I'm honest it spoils my enjoyment of any food that I do like to eat because I'm always questioning myself whether I should be eating it or not.
    I love food, I love eating food... I hate when I have no control over food.

You'd think at my age I should be able to control myself.

Let's have a big group hug ((( )))
  • skyekeeper
    skyekeeper Posts: 286 Member
    Options
    Hello, my name is Toni. I used to binge when I was obese all the time. Didn't care. Since I've lost the weight, I hadn't binged for probably more than a year. Several months at least. So when that trigger hit me, it was hard to not refuse it. I'm getting better and it has taken a lot to try to get a handle on it. It's like a slap in the face. One day at a time. Good luck everyone. :)