Is working out increasing your motivation to reach the TMMO?

Options
Curious...and hoping this group is still active, if you feel different towards things now that you're exercising and trying to become financially free.

Since I started working out "last year," my mind set has changed. Thinking more positive and trying to focus, trying to make goals happen. I'm still struggling, MFP is keeping me in check (as long as I am honest with my logging) and I'm just waiting on Tax Refund time to really get my TMMO rolling. I'm still reading books and trying to figure out my budget while creating the emergency fund, but hopefully things will move forward.

Just wondering if working out has increased your push...your motivation to get things moving forward...with this money makeover.

Replies

• trimminit
    trimminit Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    I've found they both help each other.
    When we are on track with our budget, it encourages me to be successful with nutrition and exercise, and vice-versa.
    Getting out of debt makes me believe I can lose weight, being successful at weight loss makes me believe we can be debt-free.
    It's funny that it works that way.
  • haymancm
    haymancm Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    Exercising has not benefitted my budget. My DH got laid off a year ago, and once he found a job with a raise, I went crazy with my food budget!!! With two stuffed fridges, I really need to eat out of them & not be buying so much food!! lol oy It was during the buying spree that I lost 71 lbs. I need to get my budget back in line though for the sinking funds for this year!!! ...we have a love/hate relationship!! lol