GOOD BETTER BEST! 1.1.2014 Happy New Something!

Options
CrusherKun
CrusherKun Posts: 353 Member
Morning!

I hope everyone had a lovely evening last night! Hope you all made somewhat reasonable exceptions to your intake for the last big holiday blasts and are now ready to get back on the horse and ride it till the snow thaws and then we can run outside like we did as kids!

My evening was....well....in one word.....****! I didn't do anything special, which is nothing new for me for the last 4.5 years. Wife worked the early shift so I thought perhaps we could at least have a bottle of wine or something like that.....nope....she comes home complaining of terrible pain in her ear. We go to bed and at 11pm, she is sitting up crying from the pain. So to the Emergency room she went while I stayed home with the kids. Ear Infection.

Most who know me, understand that I care way to much about others before myself. However, there comes a point where I begin to stop caring. I know it sounds bad to say, but I cant help feel that the joy and happiness this time of year brings for so many, is not to be shared with me. Misery loves company....well, my company is all sicko's and I am tired of it.

So unless things start to change soon, 2014 can just hurry up and GTFO!

On the plus side - I broke through the threshold and am now lighter than I have been in 8 years. Double weigh in today....for giggles cause I can....and down 2.2 total pounds from my pre weekend before xmas weight!

Enjoy the first day of the new year my peeps. I am out!

CK

Replies

• celtbell3
    celtbell3 Posts: 738 Member
    Options
    Wow - I'm sorry about your wife. Is she doing better? Ugh, it would horrible going to the DR on NYE/NYD. So proud about your weight! You should be really psyched and ready to just bulldoze the rest of the week :)

I did really well - had a double workout today with running this morning and yoga tonight! Don't want to go to work tomorrow. At all. I hope I don't hurt somebody, LOL.
  • CrusherKun
    Options
    She seems to be doing better. They gave here some numbing drops and some antibiotics. Seems like the whole family has been on them lately with the exception of my daughter.
  • jillmarie125
    jillmarie125 Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    My 2014 didn't start out to well. My daughter slept in bed with me on NYE. We didn't make it past 10pm! Anyways~ at 12:30 she woke up asking for the pink bowl (its the puke bowl) I told her she was fine and to go back to bed. Yea- I was wrong...she ended up throwing up ALL OVER ME!!! Guess I learned my lesson. Poor kid puked every 20-30 minutes until noon. The doctor said if she didn't hold a liquid down by 2 that I would have to take her to the ER. Thankfully she was able to hold some gaterade down. She's doing fine now...but what a rough 12 hours that was.

On a better note- I logged and prelogged all of my food for today. That is something I am aiming to do everyday. I got away from logging and that's not good for me. I wont be able to workout at the gym today or tomorrow because of work. But I might sprint the stairs for some cardio tonight.

Crusher- I am glad your wife is starting to feel better. I hope you don't get sick too!
  • CrusherKun
    Options
    I use to be that guy who would never get sick but since my health went to heck, its happened more frequently. However, I have survived Strep throat going through my house, and so has my daughter, so I will chalk my improved immune system up as a NSV and keep on trudging along in the snow as long as I can!