Blessings...yes count them! 1/1/2014

Options
garlic7girl
garlic7girl Posts: 2,234 Member
Hello my comrades. Happy New Year. I lay in bed this morning and I was thinking about my goal for this year but at the same time I reflected on what good happened in 2013 yes I did as I'm sure you did also have some not so good things happen some painful event but we know pain is a part of life but sometimes we tend to focus on the pain and not the good so my challenge for you today is what good things happened in 2013 and how can you carry that over into this year. I'll say one good thing as far as health and fitness for me was doing to 23 mile hike it was totally empowering. The other good thing that happened this year is I got to see my best friend who I had not seen in almost five six years. What happened to you?

Replies

• verdemujer
    verdemujer Posts: 1,397 Member
    Options
    I'm still moving forward towards my black belt. I've lost 10 lbs over the year after being in a platue for years. I've learned how to fall backwards. I'm working on learning to do shoulder rolls. I have a new job. I learned I could run for a 5K straight. Wow - what a year! Looking forward to 2014 though. New Challengges and continued progress.
  • CindyRip
    CindyRip Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    I met you g7g. :-0)
  • Mazydasiy2001
    Mazydasiy2001 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I think the good things that happened to me in 2013 is: I got see my family for Thanksgiving my cousin and her family came down in July. I walked a 5k race. I'm still with out a job though but things will be looking up soon.

Kimberly
  • WarriorCupcakeBlydnsr
    WarriorCupcakeBlydnsr Posts: 2,150 Member
    Options
    Up til the whole thing with my car I was actually thinking that this year (2013) would be the first year in a long time that, at the very least, the good things would balance out the bad. So here are some of the goods:
    My nephew came into the world
    After over a year of gaining weight and a year of trying to figure out why I finally found out why: hypothyroidism and insulin resistance
    The medications for the above problems have actually helped my mood get better
    I discovered that I have some very wonderful friends that I need and they will be there for me when I need them
    Rather than going to bed early and waking up to the fireworks bringing in the new year only to cry myself back to sleep, I actually was up until 12:30 so engrossed in a book that I didn't even realize what time it was.
    Here's hoping that the blessings outweigh the bad for 2014
  • drewgirl56
    drewgirl56 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Heh, this was quite a year, but I can say two good things about it:

1. I got to spend a lot of time with my adorable little nephew, who makes me smile every day,

and

2. I am finally on the path that is going to lead to a better, healthier me.