January 2014

cklowery36
cklowery36 Posts: 151 Member
Happy New Year Turbo Babes!

Turbo Fire Day 18: Rest Day

Let me start by saying, I've still got some issues.

I'm laughing at myself quietly because I simply can't deny them any longer. My inconsistencies are due to personal issues and until I get everything "out of the basement" for air, forgive and release them, I will still struggle. I will not be free to give anything my all by holding on to the past - not that I want to hold on to it.

However, I will continue to try to take care of myself while I'm cleansing and healing. It's not easy, but I want a better life for myself. I want a better year and future for myself. There will be setbacks, but my hope is that there will be many more triumphs.

Tomorrow: HIIT 15 + Tone 30. I'm going to substitute tone for Power 90's Sculpt 1-2.

Replies

• Vini9
    Vini9 Posts: 343 Member
    Hummm cleaning the basement is a very hard thing to do. When you think you just about have it clean, it starts to rain and the whole basement floods ;) this is my past experience with my eating disorder but I keep trying and working harder each time so that someday I can use it not hide it so much.

It nice to have you back Connie :)

My workouts start on Monday with Body Beast /TF hybrid I am excited to be back at it.
  • 6ladybugs
    6ladybugs Posts: 15 Member
    I hate late day workouts, but I got it finished!!

Hi everyone, I'm Andie

Feel free to add me as a friend as you all come across my post.

So today I did HIIT 20 and a 5mi WATP with hand weights. Haven't quite decided what my workout game plan is going to look like other than just working out. I get bored so easily, but I really enjoy actually working out. The weather here is a bit cold, actually freezing and I have a half marathon that I have to train for. I'll be power walking. This will be my 4th 1/2 marathon.

Anyways... Looking forward to having your support.
  • cklowery36
    cklowery36 Posts: 151 Member
    Vini it's good to be back and thanks for your support. I won't say that it's good to see others struggle - that's just sadistic! lol! But it is so good to have others understand from experience that change is not easy but always worth the try.

Andie! Thanks for adding me as a buddy! It's exciting hearing about this being your 4th half marathon, I love it! I'm in Chicago, so I understand the cold and snow. The saying goes "summer bodies are made in winter," so I know that I'll be indoors sculpting this one.

As for me it was SO hard to do that last workout...mentally. My body feels weaker too, but it's from the work and the protein I'm lacking. Mine today was HIIT 15 and Power 90 Sculpt 1-2

We're gonna do great this year ladies!

Connie
  • mleppert01
    mleppert01 Posts: 7 Member
    Hi, I'm Melanie. I've been using MFP for awhile but I never realized there were groups that you could join. I usually log exercise and meals on my ipad and I don't see the groups on there. I completed P90X last year, then started TurboFire. I lost a total of 16 pounds and gained some muscle and was in great shape! I ended up hurting my back lifting my dog and had to take a couple months off. I started back at TurboFire about a month ago and last week turned it into a hybrid program with Chalean Extreme. I do Turbo Fire 5x a week and Chalean Extreme 3 times a week. I take the "real" rest day on Turbo fire and then also take off Fridays, so today is a rest day. Right now I am doing the Push phase of Chalean Extreme. I've been thru that workout before as well. I love doing the workouts!
  • Vini9
    Vini9 Posts: 343 Member
    Yes chalean is awesome isn't she? I have done both workouts but am currently working on body beast/ TF hybrid. I did fire 45 today and felt like I kept messing up. (Been off for the holidays being sick not fun) my time off really put a hurting to me. I did sweat a bunch though so I must have been moving enough mess ups and all :-D