What are your new non-food treats??

Options
Mangopickle
Mangopickle Posts: 1,509 Member
I used to eat out every Wed and Fri after getting off my later shift. Usually sushi platter or fresh rolls and Pho. Ran about $32 a wk including tip. Now I can afford a gel mani-pedi every month. How much money have you saved? What are your non-food rewards?

Replies

• garber6th
    garber6th Posts: 1,894 Member
    Options
    My non-food rewards now are clothes!! My clothes get so big so fast! I don't mind some things big, like shirts, but when my pants are too baggy I feel sloppy! I do spend less on food now, but with what I spend on clothes, I haven't saved. I am totally ok with that though :-)
  • reneemosley
    reneemosley Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    A splurge at REI, new trail shoes, athletic wear, fitness apparatus, coffee with friends, quiet time, pedi.

Taking a snowshoeing course.

I don't think I have saved at all....I've created a monster.
  • pawoodhull
    pawoodhull Posts: 1,759 Member
    Options
    I am trying to save towards reconstructive surgery. I know my insurance will cover a tummy tuck and maybe a body lift, but I expect I will have to pay for my thighs and upper arms myself. Since the husband lost his high paying job a year after my surgery (he is working again but at 1/2 his previous salary), this has become somewhat of a challenge.
  • dward59
    dward59 Posts: 731 Member
    Options
    I bought a new Nikon DSLR camera, lenses and backpack case. My wife and I have started walking and hiking short distances and I've rediscovered my love of photography.

Otherwise, we too have burned through most of our reduced size clothing and have to pick up new pants every couple of months. If we didn't still have a late teen living with us, maybe we would be saving money on food! ;-D
  • jkern9110
    jkern9110 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Thank goodness my mom and a friend went through losing weight right before I was sleeved, or else I would have had to spend lots of money on new clothes I can only fit for a few weeks! :D My treats now consist of purses, shoes, pampering, and nights out on the town with my boyfriend...the theatre is a fun outing. We will be celebrating my 70 pound weightloss with skydiving. I think the fact that I want a non-food treat, is a treat all on its own.
  • Mangopickle
    Mangopickle Posts: 1,509 Member
    Options
    A splurge at REI, new trail shoes, athletic wear, fitness apparatus, coffee with friends, quiet time, pedi.

Taking a snowshoeing course.

I don't think I have saved at all....I've created a monster.
    Isn't snow shoeing wonderful. I used to be quite a good snow skier in my youth. I would like to ski again but I would need arctic level thermal gear to keep from freezing now!
  • PaulaKro
    PaulaKro Posts: 5,686 Member
    Options
    Ow. It hurts to think about snow shoeing. Tried it once. What a workout if you haven't used those muscles before!

Tickled to find a nice shirt in the back of my closet (cotton/rayon Tshirt - dressy & comfy) that fits and looks good. I'm 5'9" and starting to look long and tall again.

Found old coats and Tshirts and skirts that will fit me down to goal. Loved them too much to throw them out and the moths didn't eat (too) much over the last few decades. Had forgotten they were there. Sooo glad I found them before buying new coats! $$$

I was window-shopping (just looking) thru a jewelry catalog, thinking, this could be my reward for getting into the 100's... But the money could be so much more helpful elsewhere. My husband's supporting the elliptical machine idea. That would be a treat too!