Mucus Plug ?

Options
mrs_n0rris
mrs_n0rris Posts: 65 Member
Hello all! Time for some of us is growing short now! I think I've started to lose my mucus plug over the last few days, I've had thick, yellow-y discharge (sorry if that's TMI--pregnancy is so filled with bodily fluid!). I'm getting excited now but I realize it could be days or weeks before labour actually starts, especially since my due date is Jan 28. Anyone else feel like they're gearing up for the big day?

Replies

• miranda_mom
    miranda_mom Posts: 873 Member
    Options
    My due date is Feb. 2nd but everyone, from a nurse practitioner that I work to with to the clerk at the grocery store, keeps telling me that I'm not going to make it until then and that I've "dropped".
  • dandelyon
    dandelyon Posts: 620 Member
    Options
    I had about a week where baby must have had a growth spurt and I felt like I couldn't possibly get any bigger, but things are evening out now. I'm 32 weeks but I have 10lb + babies.... This little guy feels big AND is super active. I'm also told I can't possibly make it to my due date, which is annoying since I do make it. And keep going and going way past it. At least last time I won some money in the baby pool.

My mucus plug went about a week before the baby actually came, and was just as you describe it. :)
  • rainysue34
    rainysue34 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I think I lost my mucus plug around Christmas eve. My estimated due date was Dec 29... but still no baby... I've been three cm dilated for several weeks. My doctor said that I "looked" like I was going to have the baby soon--haha, he said that two weeks ago!
  • miranda_mom
    Options
    ^^ That happened with my first. For a whole month they were like "okay, any day now". She ended up being three days late. Soon they will induce though, right?
    Honestly, I've had mucus off and on the whole pregnancy. This did NOT happen with my daughter. It totally freaked me out but two doctors have assured me that it's completely normal. So now when I still have it occasionally I'm not sure if it's still that or if it is the plug.
    I can say that with a little bit less than a month to go before my due date, I often feel like he has really engaged into my pelvis - like when I stand up, there is a lot of pressure there that wasn't there before. I read that this happens weeks before a first baby is born but only days before a second one so I'm hoping it's not that - I'm not ready!
  • mrs_n0rris
    mrs_n0rris Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Sometimes I feel like she could come anytime and then other times I feel like she's in there for good! :) I'm not 'ready' in the sense that the nursery isn't perfectly set up, I have housework I'd still like to do, etc. but I'd love for her to come any minute anyways. I guess my excitement is kicking in and I'm pretty done with physically being pregnant. I have an ultrasound Monday to make sure she's in the right position (midwife thought she was breach at last appointment) and a midwife appointment on Tuesday so I guess I'll know more then. My due date is only 24 days away though, so I guess she'll be here relatively soon one way or another.
  • ContraryMaryMary
    ContraryMaryMary Posts: 1,675 Member
    Options
    Yup, things are definitely happening for me too - I dropped two days ago. I'm not engaged or waddling yet but bubba in certainly headed downwards. And as much as I'm over this pregnancy (it's really hot here at the moment) I actually don't want the baby to arrive before her due date of the 30th.
  • miranda_mom
    Options
    I had my first internal today and the doctor said the head is fully engaged (and actually really far down) and I'm two cm dilated. So that could mean soon, or it could mean... nothing. I had two very severe Braxton Hicks contractions today (one this morning after I got up and one this afternoon) and have had cramping on and off all day. Baby is still looking great on the non stress test. So we'll see...