Best of 2013 Spin songs

Options
cardbucfan
cardbucfan Posts: 10,417 Member
My gym does an annual 90 minute New Years Day spin ride and I helped my favorite instructor put together the list of the best songs from 2013. We left off a few that just came out in the end of the year (Arctic Monkeys being my fave) and also kept it more pop-ish than usual. She and I tend to lean more towards the alternative/rock/pop side of things vs the rap/pop/Katy Perry, Rihanna side. Sadly, there were no new Foo Fighters songs this year!

I posted this on my wall for my friends so thought I'd put it here too!

2013 Best Songs to Spin to (no particular order!)
1. Best Years of My Life
2. I will Wait
3. Timber
4. Love Don’t Die
5. Demons
6. Counting Stars
7. From Can to Can’t
8. A Man like That
9. Blurred Lines
10. Wake Me Up
11. A Little Party Never Killed nobody
12. The Phoenix
13. Clarity
14. Feel This Moment
15. My Songs Know What you did in the Dark
16. Troublemaker
17. Diane Young
18. Just One More Yesterday
19. Too Close
20. Harlem
21. Up In the Air
22. Still Into you
23. I Love It
24. How I Feel
25. Castle of glass
26. Can’t Hold U
27. Pompeii
28. Next to Me

Replies

• hardworker92
    Options
    awesome! ill definitely check them out later this afternoon (im actually heading for a 930 am spin class this morning ) and hopefully some yoga and pilates
  • cardbucfan
    Options
    I did the 8:15 spin and she used the first half of this playlist! Love working out to songs hat get me singing and going hard!
  • hardworker92
    Options
    for me music that pumps me up is all about hard EDM - but..... nearing the end of my spin class my instructor put on phantom of the opera - and it actually pumped me up pretty nice .....

where do you take your spin classes
  • cardbucfan
    Options
    I spin at the y and we have several really good instructors with great music. Then there are the others! Was it the techno version of Phantom? One of my favorite teachers has a few songs that I term " throw up songs" because you go so hard. The techno version of Phantom is one, Proud Mary by Tina Turner, Bring Me To Life by Evanescence and Walk (or All my Life, These days, The Pretender) by the Foos. Best way to end the ride. Where do you spin?
  • hardworker92
    Options
    I spin at the Y as well . most of their instructors are great but there area couple that really top the chart . Im pretty sure it might have been - and evanescence is great !

Honestly one of the songs that I find really pushes me would definitely have to be sandstorm by Darude , especially because the beat goes extremely quick consistently.
  • cardbucfan
    Options
    That is a good spin song and I usually hate instrumentals.
  • hardworker92
    Options
    if you like sandstorm I would recommend looking up the EDM mix I posted on Thursday , its pretty intense and has a great beat for spinning