Season 4 - Ep. 9 - Mid Season Premiere

Options
2»

Replies

• UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options
    I loved the flashback to Michonne's previous life, but it made me so sad she had and lost a baby. I figured that was the case when she didn't want to hold Judith a few episodes back.

Wonder how long it will take everyone to find their way back together.

Remember when she told Andrea that her "pets" got what they deserved? I wonder if they had something to do with her son dying and that's why she said that to Andrea. I'm glad that we're finally getting some of Michonne's back story.

That's a good question! I figured out one guy was her lover/husband/boyfriend but who was the other? I thought maybe they were her brothers when we first saw them but maybe I just missed it..

I have been told... according to the comic book, one guy was her boyfriend and the other was his brother.
  • AnaNotBanana
    AnaNotBanana Posts: 963 Member
    Options
    I loved the flashback to Michonne's previous life, but it made me so sad she had and lost a baby. I figured that was the case when she didn't want to hold Judith a few episodes back.

Wonder how long it will take everyone to find their way back together.

Remember when she told Andrea that her "pets" got what they deserved? I wonder if they had something to do with her son dying and that's why she said that to Andrea. I'm glad that we're finally getting some of Michonne's back story.

That's a good question! I figured out one guy was her lover/husband/boyfriend but who was the other? I thought maybe they were her brothers when we first saw them but maybe I just missed it..

I have been told... according to the comic book, one guy was her boyfriend and the other was his brother.

The back story in the comic book is that Mike was her boyfriend and the other guy has his best friend. They didn't make that really clear in the episode last night. The show and the comic book have been so different at points it's hard to tell what parts they are keeping the same and what parts are being changed.
  • red_road
    red_road Posts: 761 Member
    Options
    I think I said awwww a million times. Andrew Lincoln was amazing as usual in this episode. It was great to see some of Michonnes( am i spelling that right?) back story. I felt like the first half was slow but the second half really made up for it.

Also R.I.P Hershal's Head
  • Tiernan1212
    Tiernan1212 Posts: 797 Member
    Options
    Really liked the episode, already counting the days til Sunday.

I like the tension between Carl and Rick. Carl is growing up fast. He can definitely handle business, but can't quite handle life on his own yet. Totally still wanted to backhand him for the Shane comment :laugh:

Loved seeing more Michonne, watching her take out the mini-herd was badass.

Question though, how did Herschel's head turn into a walker? I figured head chopping would be enough to save you from being turned. It seems to be the way most walkers are killed lately. But I guess a bullet to the brain is the only way then?
  • AnaNotBanana
    Options

I like the tension between Carl and Rick. Carl is growing up fast. He can definitely handle business, but can't quite handle life on his own yet. Totally still wanted to backhand him for the Shane comment :laugh:

Question though, how did Herschel's head turn into a walker? I figured head chopping would be enough to save you from being turned. It seems to be the way most walkers are killed lately. But I guess a bullet to the brain is the only way then?

Yes, the zombie has to be hit in the brain to be completely taken out. Last season The Governor had his zombie head trophies floating in fish tanks and they were still alive. Even at the beginning of the season the weird lady Clara was carrying around her husband's head.....but they never showed it. During the mid season finale (episode 8) the Governor purposefully went and found Herschel as he was crawling away and cut off his head. I don't know if it's because he wanted to start a new collection like he had at Woodbury if he wanted to do it just to torture Herschel.
  • Booksandbeaches
    Booksandbeaches Posts: 1,791 Member
    Options

The back story in the comic book is that Mike was her boyfriend and the other guy has his best friend. They didn't make that really clear in the episode last night. The show and the comic book have been so different at points it's hard to tell what parts they are keeping the same and what parts are being changed.

I wonder what it is that they did that was so bad. Was it suicide and killing the toddler too? It seems like it has to be something more than that. I remember Michonne telling Andrea that the two pets " weren't human to begin with." That made me think she had been raped or hurt in a violent way by them.
  • Tiernan1212
    Tiernan1212 Posts: 797 Member
    Options

Yes, the zombie has to be hit in the brain to be completely taken out. Last season The Governor had his zombie head trophies floating in fish tanks and they were still alive. Even at the beginning of the season the weird lady Clara was carrying around her husband's head.....but they never showed it. During the mid season finale (episode 8) the Governor purposefully went and found Herschel as he was crawling away and cut off his head. I don't know if it's because he wanted to start a new collection like he had at Woodbury if he wanted to do it just to torture Herschel.

Aha, got it. I had actually forgotten about the head tanks :laugh: It's hard to rewatch episodes with a 5 year old that always wants to watch TV when I do!

I was seriously amazed at how lifelike the Herschel head was. Amazing job.

Edit to fix quoting :grumble:
  • AnaNotBanana
    Options

I wonder what it is that they did that was so bad. Was it suicide and killing the toddler too? It seems like it has to be something more than that. I remember Michonne telling Andrea that the two pets " weren't human to begin with." That made me think she had been raped or hurt in a violent way by them.

You would think that if that's how she really felt about them, then she wouldn't be involved with them. Especially romantically. I think the part of the story where she hates her "pets" is something that is only part of the show. I don't remember her being like that towards them in the comic book.