I love you, Mom, but Aaaaaargh!

Options
dandelyon
dandelyon Posts: 620 Member
"I know you are trying to keep your weight under control so I picked up 1 % milk at the store." Then proceeds to pull out whoopie pies, cupcakes, and cheesecake brownies out of the shopping bag.

It's the thought that counts, right? ;)

(They are staying with us between house closings, it's not a regular thing, fortunately.)

Editing to add, this isn't a sabotage!!!!! post. It's a "milk may not be he problem here" post.

Replies

• tzig00
    tzig00 Posts: 875 Member
    Options
    #1 I know the feeling. My fiance decided last night to go to the store for milk and juice because we ran out of both yesterday. He comes home with milk and juice and "juice" (sugar water) and mini cereal things and brownie bites and ice cream sandwiches and a pint of ben and jerrys and some frozen chicken wings. Pretty much everything I've been craving and told him about and trying to avoid and he decided that I've been craving them so why not eat them. I can always lose the weight again, right?

#2 OMG you know what a whoopie pie is!!! I spent 2 weeks over Christmas explaining this to every one of my 75 coworkers who came in to the office and looked at the whoopie pies on the table right next to me and said what the heck is a whoopie pie? You just made my morning.
  • miranda_mom
    miranda_mom Posts: 873 Member
    Options
    Haha, the whoopie pie thing didn't even phase me - in PA, EVERYONE knows what a whoopie pie is!
  • tzig00
    tzig00 Posts: 875 Member
    Options
    Apparently in Michigan the closest thing to a whoopie pie that anyone has ever heard of is an oreo cakester.
  • lisapr123
    lisapr123 Posts: 863 Member
    Options
    Gotta love mom's... I was doing the Gestational Diabetes plan and my mom kept bringing cakes and treats by, or had them at her house whenever we were over!

I'm in Northern Illinois and have never heard of a Whoopie Pie (or an Oreo Cakester). But, oddly enough, I've eaten the Red Velvet version of them (I just googled it to see an image) but didn't know what they were called. Yum.
  • Superpowered
    Superpowered Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Oh man, when I was 20 weeks my mom told me that I don't need to get any bigger. I was like my belly is literally going to be twice this size / fundal height. It's science. Then she got mad at me when I told her her weight comments were unehlpful and she stopped talking to me for a few days.
  • spunkybunny
    spunkybunny Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    My Mom has become the classic "you really need to watch what you're eating...you don't want to gain that much weight and get fat" usually followed (anywhere from a few hours to a few days) by "I don't think you're eating enough".

*sigh*

I've had food/weight issues all of my life and am struggling with how I look while pregnant. This is not helping.
  • miranda_mom
    miranda_mom Posts: 873 Member
    Options
    When I was pregnant with my mom, we had a big fight. I hardly ever keep junk food in my house but she does. I went over and had a very small amount of chips because they were there. Seriously the first chips I'd had in months. And she starts talking about how there are better things for me to eat and I'm like "Then don't keep them around!". Ugh.
  • tiggerhammon
    tiggerhammon Posts: 2,211 Member
    Options
    I am not sure if I am lucky or jealous. I think mostly jealous.
    I would love to have a mother to buy me crap I shouldn't eat, say ridiculous things and step over boundaries - if it meant also having a mother I can talk to.
    It was so hard going through my first pregnancy without a mom to call for advice. This time around it is all much easier because I have done it all before but I have still had days where I get frustrated because my husband is no help at all and there is nobody else I can call.