New Flexer - Question Re Calories on Dashboard

Options
marielaem
marielaem Posts: 202 Member
I got my first Fitbit - Flex - yesterday and so far am loving it. This is no doubt a moron question to all veteran users ... but here goes.

I note when I log into the Fitbit Dashboard that there is a calorie total of 1,943 and that when I eat something the calories are deducted from that then shown as a percentage. Where does this 1,943 come from? My Flex and MFP accounts are synced.

Replies

• chipper15173
    chipper15173 Posts: 3,981 Member
    Options
    i am new to this too. i have had mine a week.
    i believe the calorie box is the bmi it gets from the numbers you put in your profile. this is the the calories you burn for the day.jit lets you know if your are under or over. for weight loss or maintenance. at least that's the way i understand it to be.
  • marielaem
    marielaem Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    Thank you - so those are the calories I need? The number is over what I usually log. I can't see that I am going to aim for a number that high!
  • chipper15173
    chipper15173 Posts: 3,981 Member
    Options
    i think that is the number to maintain. so to lose you need to report your food intake and it gives you your final numbers for the day. you can add a box that has intake/outgo. you can change that number.