Winter Activities

Options
What have you been doing to keep fit or eat right over the winters and holidays?

Replies

• CharRicho
    CharRicho Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    My husband and I bought snowshoes for Christmas (our gifts to each other) but unfortunately there hasn't been enough snow to go yet! Hopefully this weekend since the mountains have gotten a lot of snow in the last 4/5 days.
  • bzchristina
    bzchristina Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I started exercising and eating right again mid-December. Worst time to start, but managed to survive the holidays!

I've gone Paleo, and realized I couldn't keep a strict diet over the holidays. Would be rude to reject food that others made for me. I continued eating more veggies, fruits and meats, but also allowed myself to eat small, small portions of grains. For exercise, we spent a lot of our time doing outdoor activities.

Moving forward, my exercises will mostly be strength training at the gym. When it gets warmer, I plan on doing more hikes and runs. Looking forward to it!
  • AddieOverhaul
    AddieOverhaul Posts: 734 Member
    Options
    I kept hiking through the winter, I just don't go to places where there may be too uch snow to pass. I actually prefer hiking in cooler temps - no bugs and you don't get so hot.

I also have been doing body weight exercises indoors and walks/runs outside when it's not raining.