Logging activity on MFP

Options
marielaem
marielaem Posts: 202 Member
Now that I have a Fitbit, I am unsure as to whether I should still log my walking activity on MFP. If don't, though, I kind of lose track of how many calories I've "got left". Help please!

Replies

• KimberlyinMN
    KimberlyinMN Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    Yep, you can still log your activity here on MFP. Technically, you will only "earn" the exercise calories that the Flex gives you. So... let's say the Fitbit shows that you burned 182 calories. When you log your exercise, and perhaps it totals 200 calories burned, you will only get the 182 calories. An adjustment will be made of -18 calories. (So you won't earn double calories burned.) Or, let's say that logging an activity on MFP only gives you 60 calories, but the Flex says you've burned 80, you get the 80 calories burned.

Does that make sense? Basically the Flex "rules" for calories burned, no matter what you log. I also like to log my exercise because, darn it, I did it. LOL It also motivates me to continue.

Although I know I've been a little peeved when the treadmill AND MFP both say that my walking should have earned 160 calories, but my Flex says I only burned 140, etc. I guess that since I don't eat back my calories burned, I shouldn't really let it bug me.
  • KimberlyinMN
    KimberlyinMN Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    PS. My answer is assuming that you've linked your Fitbit account with MFP. :)