GOOD BETTER BEST - WEEKEND EDITION! 1.4.13

Options
CrusherKun
CrusherKun Posts: 353 Member
Happy first weekend of the new year!

I gotta say, this has been one hell of a rollercoaster ride this week. My stress has been all over the board. In my job, its really hard to be positive all the time. While I complain, remember that I have been in this line of work for 11+ years, and while its not my "Chosen Profession" based on what I went to college for, I must admit, its what I do best. I do try very hard to fight the status quo and provide a unique approach to the receivables game. I try to not let my emotions sway common sense decisions, but I gotta admit common sense is a two way street, and if the person on the other end doesn't use any, all bets are off and I am coming through like a freight train! I Sometimes wonder if that makes me bi-polar. I already have been diagnosed as having ADD and likely was that way most of my life, but then again, shrinks throw pills at everything these days....cant say that I trust that. Its probably just me being so much of a procrastinator. It never fails....I will put off things till the last moment, then rush my *kitten* off to get it completed. It causes me so much stress but at the same time, when I get it done, its almost a rush in and of it self. Its likely why my weight loss has been so successful. For years I have been telling myself "One day I will get healthy" "One day Ill lose this weight" "One day I will start walking so I can be in shape for deer season"...but that day didn't come until the Diabetes diagnosis came along. Thankfully when that day came, I recognized the pattern after so many years, and finally did something about it.

The test results this week were a huge turnaround. I am so proud of myself. However, at the same time, while I sit here and know that these results are just the beginning and give myself that big pat on the back....I know that deep inside there is that old me that may want to come back out and say "Hey...you are healthy again....take it easy".

I have to admit, those moments have happened lately, and I have caved into them, but I don't wish to make that a habit. I have to keep myself on track more than ever before. Sure....my walks are becoming easier....but that is just one part of what I need to do. I have to remember that Good Better Best isn't just a name, but a motto that I have to continue to live by. I have so much more to do, and I cant let the last 2 1/4 months be for not. Its time to get myself moving harder than ever before. I still have a long way to go before I can get myself running and training for my first 5k this year, let alone the 2 Spartan Races I want to do. But when I stop to reflect on how I felt that first week I started walking, and how I felt after my walk this morning, I know that with Perseverance and Strength to push on, I will get there. Just need to make sure the old me takes a back seat and watches what he has failed to do all these years. Maybe one day, those two will be one!

Anyway - I wanted to get that out there in print, so thanks for reading. I may start moving these sort of posts to a Blog Atmosphere, but at this time, I am happy with it here.

What sort of realizations have you had?

Stay Strong!

CK

Replies

• celtbell3
    celtbell3 Posts: 738 Member
    Options
    I think you have made some excellent observations about where you are and how you have gotten here - what a rollercoaster but you're so observant and you should be proud of your hard work paying off. I really believe that with the effort you have shown you will easily be ready to start working on prepping for the 5K you want to participate in. My revelations are probably not that profound to anyone - more like how I have realized the importance of hydration. Especially lately. I love water, don't get me wrong, and I drink a lot of it. With my workouts though, I realize I am not getting as much as I would need. When I am properly hydrated I function so much better! :)