accuracy

lfowler75
lfowler75 Posts: 2 Member
I am questioning the accuracy of my band. I drove six hours to my parents house and got more steps than I did walking around COSI (science center/kids museum) for five hours yesterday.

The sleep thing is pretty off as well. I have insomnia. The other night it took me over an hour to fall asleep and I was awake at least twice. Up said I fell asleep in 30 min and slept for 9 solid hours. I was in bed for at least that long….but I so wasn't sleeping.

Anyone else find any inaccuracies?

Replies

• hard2bfit
    hard2bfit Posts: 11 Member
    I have only been using mine for a few days. after research, all these wrist trackers have some inconsistencies. I have found my jawbone up to be accurate so far. I am committed to testing this product out for 30 days to make sure its worth the investment. The ultimate goal was added motivation to challenge myself with workouts....I think it will yield high returns, I like being able to sync results directly from my phone.

none of the trackers are 100% especially if they don't have the heart monitor. But the Fitbit Flex, Jawbone Up and Nikefuel have some of the best overall reviews of all the products out
  • SaintGiff
    SaintGiff Posts: 3,679 Member
    The sleep thing is pretty off as well. I have insomnia. The other night it took me over an hour to fall asleep and I was awake at least twice. Up said I fell asleep in 30 min and slept for 9 solid hours. I was in bed for at least that long….but I so wasn't sleeping....

I found just the opposite. Like you, I am a terrible insomniac. It pretty much nails when I am awake and in bed vs being asleep. Just to throw it a curve I had my wife wear it one night, which is pretty easy for me to verify in that I am awake for few hours after she falls asleep, and I wake an hour or so before her. It was pretty much spot on for her as well. Have you tried calibrating the band to your movements to improve the step tracking? I haven't had an issue but that is an option if you have access to a treadmill. It may greatly improve the band's accuracy. My biggest complaint is that it ONLY really counts steps. 80% of my workouts are not walking / running, so I have to come on here and log everything manually to get an idea of my calorie burn.
  • editorgrrl
    editorgrrl Posts: 7,060 Member
    My biggest complaint is that it ONLY really counts steps. 80% of my workouts are not walking / running, so I have to come on here and log everything manually to get an idea of my calorie burn.
    I log all my non-step based activity in UP rather than MFP. It's a matter of preference. Try it & see if you like it any better.
  • SimplyDenyse
    SimplyDenyse Posts: 124 Member
    I went from the Fitbit one to the Jawbone up24. I was concerned with accuracy from going from my hip to my wrist and I would have to say its very accurate. I use a HRM when I do my real workouts and the numbers are very close. Not bad in my opinion. My sleep it tracks well too.. I did notice one night that I just layed in bed and couldn't sleep it thought I slept great. but maybe that's because I was not tossing and turning. Overall Im very happy with its recordings.