Mommy of Two - New to Group

Options
Codilee87
Codilee87 Posts: 509 Member
Hello ladies! I'm excited to join the group and get some insights from other moms who may understand how I'm feeling.

So my oldest child is nearly 4 and my youngest turns 1 next month, which is very exciting... and also depressing. Because I have lost literally NONE of the baby weight. In fact, I gained weight AFTER I gave birth :grumble: :frown:

After my youngest, J, was born I immediately dropped 20 (of 40) pounds, and I thought that the rest would come off really easily. Then at 11 weeks Post-partum, my son flat-out refused to nurse anymore. I tried to pump but my supply dried up really quickly after he stopped, so I had to give up and switch to formula :( And that's when the weight gain started. First I just started gaining in very small increments, that seemed innocuous but as I became more stressed and busy the weight piled on faster and faster until I hit 198 :noway:

I am down 8lbs from that awful weigh-in but I am really determined to be below 180 by my son's 1st birthday.

Any advice/tips?

Replies

• lucygfield94
    lucygfield94 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Hey I totally know how your feeling my son also turns 1 next month and like you I gained weight after pregnancy :( my current weight is around 177lbs which for my height (5ft2) is classed as obese on my bmi depressing!! im trying to loose atleast 10 lbs by my sons birthday add me if you like x
  • Pepper2185
    Pepper2185 Posts: 994 Member
    Options
    For me, exercise is "me time." Either my husband or my mom watches my son and I head to the gym to take a class that I love.

Having that chance to get out of the house on my own keeps me sane, and the exercise keeps me happy and gives me energy. The weight loss just became an extra benefit.

It's probably hard to juggle two kids (I only have one), but give yourself time to figure out what works for you, and try to focus on being healthy instead of seeing a specific number :)
  • Codilee87
    Options
    For me, exercise is "me time." Either my husband or my mom watches my son and I head to the gym to take a class that I love.

Having that chance to get out of the house on my own keeps me sane, and the exercise keeps me happy and gives me energy. The weight loss just became an extra benefit.

It's probably hard to juggle two kids (I only have one), but give yourself time to figure out what works for you, and try to focus on being healthy instead of seeing a specific number :)

Oh yes, lol I forgot to mention that I live on a farm in Northern Canada (2hrs from the nearest gym) I do workout when my husband is home - and willing to watch the boys - but that's not very often. I've been getting better at exercising when the kids nap but now my older son doesn't want to nap anymore which is making it a challenge.
  • Codilee87
    Options
    Hey I totally know how your feeling my son also turns 1 next month and like you I gained weight after pregnancy :( my current weight is around 177lbs which for my height (5ft2) is classed as obese on my bmi depressing!! im trying to loose atleast 10 lbs by my sons birthday add me if you like x

Sounds awesome, I need all the motivation I can get :) I usually do good for the first couple weeks then I plateau and get angry and give up :ohwell: So I have to push through this time and not let the frustration derail me.