i got off my butt! Yay! (finally!)

So i reviews the wonderful summaries here, and went to my gym, went into the open gym floor and hunted around until i found the weight lifting section...full of, of course, very pleased with themselves young men. Bless 'em. :) Even found a couple barbell racks in the back corner, so i got thru my first workout. (ow!)

i'm really pretty pleased with the whole thing, and i think i may have scouted out a trainer i would be comfortable asking about form and etc. So i am hopeful.

Now... to just get back there.

Replies

• randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Yay!
  • catfive1
    catfive1 Posts: 529 Member
    :drinker:
  • _TastySnoBalls_
    _TastySnoBalls_ Posts: 1,298 Member
    woo hoo! :drinker:
  • rlw911
    rlw911 Posts: 475 Member
    :flowerforyou: :drinker: :flowerforyou: :drinker:

Good job! Keep it up, it does get easier. :happy: (not the workouts, going in the man-cave!)
  • wendypow
    wendypow Posts: 81 Member
    Great job!!
  • Dnarules
    Dnarules Posts: 2,081 Member
    The first step's always the hardest :). Great job.
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Go girl go...:drinker:
  • Nyxish
    Nyxish Posts: 16
    So i am pretty amused to note that i am SO FREAKING SORE after that work out... omg it hurts to go down stairs, and i honestly couldn't do the squats today... so i am going back on Friday. Even if it's a slow start, it's still a start, darnit!

This was my first time using real barbells and i really noticed how much just keeping control and proper balance of the bar was part of the workout - i remember someone saying that, especially as another reason not to use a smith machine, but i didn't think it would be SO noticeable.

i am very much looking forward to the day when it's easier to lift those 50lb bags of chicken kibble. :)