Figuring out the right cals burnt

Options
Hi all! I just did my first T25 workout. It was tough but I feel good about it! I am trying to keep good track (or an idea) of my exercise and food. Can you tell me what I can indicate these workouts as for my exercise? I don't see anything for the T25 workouts. Thanks!

Replies

• I usually go to "Create" and figure out the calories burned for calisthenics (for Total Body) and then aerobics, high impact for the rest. Ive been told that I am burning more than what it says, but I'd rather be under than over! Hope this helps! If anyone else has a better idea, please let me know!! You'll love T25!!!!!!!!
  • abtropix
    abtropix Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    The best bet is the Polar or heart rate monitor. I need to change the battery in mine, so for these few days until I get a new battery, I will just put 25 mins of general aerobic workout and let MFP figure out the calories. I've compared the calories in my Polar to what MFP suggests and it's usually pretty close (50-100 calories margin). Today I burnt 155 calories according to MFP, but I'll post the real deal when I get my Polar in order.
  • emarkey82
    Options
    I got a HRM watch for Christmas, just haven't figured it out yet! I will go with your suggestions though, thanks!!
  • deego14
    deego14 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    I also create and then it gets saved under your excersices. I also use my HRM and it has hepled me tremendouly since the estimates were way off.
  • abtropix
    abtropix Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    I did the Alpha Cardio video today with my HRM and burnt 282 calories in 31 mins. I know it should be done in 25 mins, but I just started last week so I have to push "pause" twice to regain my breath and focus! Hope this info works for you! I am a female, 41, 5,5" and currently weight 134. Goal weight: 123-120. I've always weighed around 125, wanting to lose a few pounds, but last year went by without motivation nor exercise, so now I have to pay the price and lose 14 lbs.