What is the Wharton Clinic?

Options
I'm curious, what is the Wharton Clinic? I live in Stoney Creek, work in Burlington and have a family doctor in Burlington based out of the Halton Medical Clinic (Walkers & Dundas) I've seen a sign in the lobby of the building for Wharton and was wondering what it is.

Replies

• meowmmyx3
    meowmmyx3 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    The Wharton Medical Clinic helps/educates people who have diabetes, and/or are over weight with health concerns, such as high blood pressure, high cholesterol, etc. You must be referred by your doctor.
    They do a medical workup to address any health concerns that may be part of the challenge. They also find out how many calories your body burns at it's resting rate and then decide how many calories you should consume daily in order to begin weight loss. This is combined with mandatory education classes, counselling sessions if needed, exercise recommendations, medications, etc. You have visits with the doctor and educators to check in on your progress and address any issues you may be running in to.
    That's just a simplified version of what goes on. For a better explanation visit the website and have a look around.
    http://whartonmedicalclinic.com/