A year in view...but in small bites!!! 1/7/2014

Options
garlic7girl
garlic7girl Posts: 2,234 Member
A few new ways to stay focused....

http://www.washingtonpost.com/lifestyle/wellness/the-12-months-of-fitness-strength-exercises/2013/12/31/aff513d6-7246-11e3-8def-a33011492df2_story.html

and with food

http://www.washingtonpost.com/lifestyle/wellness/12-months-to-healthier-eating/2013/01/04/fb0726ee-43b6-11e2-9648-a2c323a991d6_story.html

I know not a daily because this looks at the whole year but the tips given can focus on a daily. For example the tip to make out 12 changes you want for the year as far as food one for each month...okay so what goal for food do you want for January? Write it down discuss with family or yourself and do it!
I said to self I will still eat bread not giving it up but I will eat one slice instead of two for January. That is my goal.
My fitness goal like they presented is to do yoga...So I am doing a Yoga Challenge for January. What one goal do you want for fitness for January? One people one!

Let's get hype!!!!
WW

Replies

• WarriorCupcakeBlydnsr
    WarriorCupcakeBlydnsr Posts: 2,150 Member
    Options
    Too funny, I hadn't seen these articles but had started setting up mini goals for myself, so here's what I did for this month:
    For food: my goal is to get back to preparing more of my food since I was getting into the mindset of buying lunches or suppers out, so I want to get back on track

For exercise: I have been doing the super easy version of tricep pushups and they just don't work anymore because I'm getting stronger, so I talked to Super Trainer and had her show me how to do the next step up of tricep pushups at my last training, so my goal for this month is to be able to do the next level of tricep pushups
  • Mazydasiy2001
    Mazydasiy2001 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Well a few weeks back you posted the Shrinking jeans website. I went to it and start the Boot camp for month of January and there doing Squats and Push ups this month. And thank you for the information about website. The people are really friendly So this is helping stay motivated. I also am big huge fan of the Lord of the Rings movie. There is a group here on MFP To Mordor and walking through Mordor. And the Shrinking Jeans posted a C25k virtual run So that started today.

My food things I'm working are:
    1) Trying to limit my reg. soda to one
    2) Trying to limit my junk food and sweet stuff to only a small amount
    3) Just trying to be more healthy in my food choices, getting back into making protein shakes
    4) My small goal is to lose 3 lbs to get down to 220

Kim