Purple Team Check-in

Options
mmommaj
mmommaj Posts: 46 Member
Well the holidays are over and I feel better than ever. I haven't lost any, I am still at 197, but I have some goals starting to form and getting a bit more focus.
I don't do New Year's Resolutions, I try for goals. I think it is a great time to start fresh with a clean slate.
I would like to lose 50 pounds this year, by eating right and exercising. I don't want to overwhelm myself so I am going to start small.
I started to see a physical therapist for my tendonitis that seems to be working from my wrist up my arm and into my shoulder. It is my goal to do the exercises she wants me to do on a daily basis. I am on my feet for most of my work day and I usually go home and sit in my chair, thus getting no exercise for the rest of the day. It is my goal to start working out when I get home from work. Today, I am going to try Zumba on my Wii. I love video games, so I am hoping that will encourage me to keep going with it.
My blood sugar has been way out of control, so I am working on eating less and eliminating mindless eating. I notice it is worse when I am at home by myself, so I am working on putting into place activities to keep my hands busy, when I sit and watch T.V. (I knit, so this is perfect for keeping my hands busy).
I am also working on reading my Bible daily. Our church is doing a Gospel Marathon, which is working through the Bible in the whole year.
What are you goals for the new year?
Have you heard of SMART goals? I find this process works great for setting goals, even though I don't always follow through. :)
Mell

Replies

• ljdanny
    ljdanny Posts: 2,082 Member
    Options
    zumba is my favorite, i bought the dvd's so i can exercise more at home because my gym only has that class a few times a week. i am hoping to lose 60lbs but i will take baby steps. I am taking care of my parents at this time plus my kids and husband so is a tough time right now for me. i am hoping to get back to the gym more because my folks are tired of seeing me every day lol. i have started trying to eat healthier since the new year. i hope you all had a wonderful holiday.
  • katonaroof
    katonaroof Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    glad to see we're back up & running! and i'm still at 156 lbs so at least i didn't gain much over the holidays. :flowerforyou:

i'm half way to my goal weight so one of my goals is to hit that (which means releasing 26 more pounds) and then maintaining it.

the last month i'd been working in a store as holiday help and it got me totally off balance as far as my health goes. so another goal is to get back to eating healthy and doing some form of exercise at least every other day.
  • ljdanny
    ljdanny Posts: 2,082 Member
    Options
    well not sure whose still checking in but my weight is 193.4

i could not do that hiit video but i did zumba
  • katonaroof
    katonaroof Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    my weight is still at 156 this week. i could not do the challenge because i'm having knee issues and it's just too much for my knee.
  • mmommaj
    mmommaj Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Good morning. I will start a new post later today...I just wanted to get my weight in also. I am currently at 194.5 (down 2.5 pounds...Yeah) Sorry...:) Just very excited.
    Mell