Just Dance: HOW TO TURN SWEAT POINTS INTO CALORIES

Options
This is only if you use the Just Sweat mode in the Just Dance games. It's just a little something that'll make it easier to track your calorie amount on MFP.

HOW TO TURN SWEAT POINTS INTO CALORIES:

"The equivalent for a typical overweight person to take sweat points and turn them into calories seems to be, after some runs with my various tracking equipment, about 4.2:1. That is, you take the sweat points, divide by 4.2, and get your resulting calories. So if you did a song and burned 420 sweat points, that would be 100 calories."

http://www.bellaonline.com/articles/art175545.asp

Basically, every 4.2 (just say 4 instead) sweat points equals 1 calorie. Get the number of sweat points and divide it by 4.2 and you get your calories.

Replies

• MaddKota
    Options
    Ok thanks, this is very helpful! Thanks for sharing.

BTW -I joined your group.

:smile:
  • mcsweetly
    mcsweetly Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    New to the group! Thanks so much! I have been trying to figure this one out!
  • FromFlabToFurious
    FromFlabToFurious Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    No worries. I would sticky the thread so it won't go down and lose the topic but I've no idea how to do it.
  • mcsweetly
    mcsweetly Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    So if I do the 7 day challenge on the Just Sweat mode at the end the score is my sweat points correct?
  • FromFlabToFurious
    FromFlabToFurious Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    Nah. The sweat points are what are used in the game instead of a calorie counter when you are in workout mode. The thing I posted was to just show you how to convert sweat points into calories so you can put it in the exercise diary on MFP :)
  • DeberryL
    DeberryL Posts: 2
    Options
    I have just started again to loose weight 2 years ago I lost 65 pounds in 7 months by changing my diet and using the Just Sweat. Due to a possible knee replacement and steroids I've put most of the weight back on. I did this on the just sweat mode to get started then just started adding songs and dancing. I started with 30 minutes and worked my way to to 2 hours. Sometimes my granddaughters would come over and I would do another hour with them. Worked great last time...hoping for same results!