60 days and counting...

Options
It has so far been 60 days since I last drank alcohol. I was drinking every other day or so, and about 2 bottles of wine at a time... The only reason I actually decided to stop entirely was my impulse control. It is like once I have a glass of wine, I want another, then another. Then after I have a good buzz I make bad decisions with food. I think the decision to lose weight had more impact on me quitting the excess drinking than anything else.

Now that it has been so long without drinking, and my goal weight seems within reach I am starting to get worried. I feel I am pretty much over the habit, but I am still not sure I can ever trust myself to just have a glass of wine or a nice craft beer without it turning the binge switch back on... I am not sure whether I will just never drink again, or if I will be able to control myself.

I am sure this reads rather jumbled, but I just wanted to get that off of my chest.

Replies

• WestCoastWild
    WestCoastWild Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    Exact same situation for me!! Im putting up a link-I just started a blog. Not sure if anyone will read it, but I like writing it, haha :)