Not losing weight!!!

Options
Hi everyone! I am currently breastfeeding my 8 week old daughter and have been logging my calories on and off since she was born, after the initial weight loss after giving birth I have not lost even 1/2 pound, I know it's early days for me as I have a 2 year old as well and it took me 18 months to lose the weight after having her but I'm really struggling with eating enough. Is anyone else having this problem? I appear to be making more than enough milk as my daughter is happy and gaining really well but my calories are never really over 1200 no matter how much it feels like I've eaten! (This is taking off 500 for breastfeeding)

I am grain free and have been for a few months, I eat lots of fish, meat, dairy and tons of vegetables and some fruit. I always make sure I have over 100g carbs every day as I don't want to get near ketosis but I get my carbs from everywhere but grains.

My question really is does everyone think that's why I'm not losing weight? I eat to my appetite and never deny myself anything so I would have thought that would mean I was getting enough? Should I start forcing extra food in and see if that helps?
I currently weigh 160 and am 5'5", I would love to get back to 135 but I am in no rush while breastfeeding but I wouldn't mind losing it slowly if possible! I also exercise most days but only for about 20 minutes! I would love to hear everyone's advice on this!!

Replies

• Flybeetle
    Flybeetle Posts: 387 Member
    Options
    Oh geez, it looks like most of us have been too busy with or newborns to offer support to our fellow MFP girls on here, I know I have... Will send you a message!