Taking advantage of alone time

I've started taking advantage of being in the office alone in the mornings. I get in early, about 7/7:30 and the guys don't show up until 9 or so. So I've been taking a little time to do stretches, some yoga moves, planks, wall squats... that sort of stuff.
I feel that taking advantage of 5 minutes or even 2 minutes here and there to do even a little something makes me feel accomplished and keeps me motivated.
Sometimes the hardest part is not saying "Oh well, I took that long walk at lunch today, I can totally skip my yoga tonight." But if I just make myself get off the couch and on to the floor and start, it becomes easier.
Granted, I am lucky, I have enough time in my day to do what I need to. But that doesn't mean I'm not an expert at making excuses! The a-little-here-and-there approach has really helped my motivation and I thought I'd pass it along. I usually use it for the more difficult things - wall squats/planks/push ups - since I can't do those for any real length of time yet anyway :P

Have a great day everyone!

Replies