1st day home, sleeved Jan. 6, 2014

Hello All,
I am new to this support group / my first post. I just had a sleeve on Monday, Jan. 6 th,2014. I was in the hospital for almost 3 full days for recovery. I am home now and feeling sore, however, I am very hopeful that I will feel normal again within a week. :smile: Is there a key or secret to help the healing process? Does anyone recommend an App or website that will help with reminders? I am looking to plug in my daily "intake" (protein, vitamins, etc.) so that I won't have to relay on my memory. I have been writing it down as I go, but I am retaining a lot of fluids, especially in my fingers, so I am not writing very clearly. Any suggestions...I am open for any ideas.
Thanks, Fit4me360

Replies

• Welcome! I had my sleeve on 12/31. You should be able to log everything you need here at myfitnesspal. I log all of my meds and vitamins and have set all of the macros to the recommendations of my dietician.

You will feel great in no time. I am at day 10 and feel like a million bucks!

Feel free to "friend" me. I have been blogging to keep a daily record.

Vickie
  • Thank you so much! I have not navigated this site yet, so I am not too familiar with it, so thanks for letting me know. I will try to find where I "friend request" you....I am not on Facebook or anything else, so this is a totally new experience for me! By the way, did you experience any pain on your right back side? ( it is under the ribs but above the hip...) I plan on calling my doctor Friday..but I just thought I'd ask if you experienced it.
  • No, no pain at all. The right side? Definitely would check it out. It is probably nothing, but at this stage nothing is nothing...not that that makes sense!
  • bikrchk
    bikrchk Posts: 516 Member
    Congratulations! I use an app called "Med Helper" to help me manage my meds and supplements. I believe it is available for Apple and Android. The secret to a quick recovery? Everyone is different, but moving as much as possible helps a lot. I didn't have much pain. I was only in the hospital overnight and never took narcotics for the pain. Check with your doc, but I do know that gas pain can manifest in the strangest places. And put yourself on a time to get your water in. At least for me, I felt like I had to "force" liquids and food for the first week. Once the swelling started to go down it got better.
  • christianladybug
    christianladybug Posts: 41 Member
    Congrats....I am almost six months out from my surgery. I would say the more you move the faster and easier the pain gets. I walked around my house a lot my first week.

Definately check with your doctor on the pain in the right side. Everyone is different and it is better to be safe than sorry. I will send you a friend request. You will see it at the top of your MFP(myfitnesspal) page where the bust shadow is. Just click on it and hit the accept button.

Feel free to contact me if you need any help. I will help with whatever I can.