Level 1 Day 1

Options
estey89
estey89 Posts: 104 Member
Please Post here when you have finished DAY 1 ( on that day, not if you did this 5 days ago or just before Christmas or once last spring lol)

I will update these daily! Here we can keep each other motivated, if you cant start on that day or need a rest day then take it, im sure others will as well or well... life just gets in the way sometimes! Work, Kids, Sick ETC

Check in here, tell us what you found easy? Hard? Love her? Hate her? ETC :)

Replies

• Meep103
    Options
    I used to do the 30 day shred religiously about four years ago, and while I hate her, and cuss her out throughout the workout, I also love her. She is like the gym teacher that I need to make me keep going when I don't want to. I did the Level one work out a couple of months ago and could not walk or sit down the next day. I am hoping for better results as I start this challenge!
  • jbuc07
    jbuc07 Posts: 914 Member
    Options
    Day 1 done. I can feel it already... It's gonna HURT tomorrow! :) I tried this in Nov, did NOT give it my all, and didn't really see any change. So, I PUSHED today. And, hopefully, with the support of others, I'll push through each and everyday and see some amazing results.

The side lunges/anterior raises get me. I pushed hard, and still had to drop my arms for quite a few reps. Push ups... I did 5 on my toes then switched to my knees.

It's a hating thing right now for me. When I start seeing that tape measure move.... THEN it'll be a love/hate.. :)
  • TseliB
    TseliB Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    Just finished Day 1. The push ups were a nightmare for me! I could barely get my chest off the floor (even on my knees). Lol. Starting to feel it mostly in my legs & abs. I also tried 30DS last year & didn't get very far. Looking forward to seeing my strength and stamina increase throughout the programme. Good luck to everyone :)

One question though: What's the best way to log it?
  • S4llyF
    S4llyF Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I have just completed day 1 !!
    Had NO IDEA what to expect as had never even heard of this until I came on MFP and the dvd was straight out of the wrapper today!!

I actually enjoyed it - it is easy to follow and at first I naively thought "HOW HARD CAN 20 MINS BE!!??"
    Hardest thing for me was the press-ups !!
    Tomorrow I will be better prepared - trainers and sports bra on for starters!! I might even order some weights - I was rushing about trying to find something and used 2 jars of food!! What weight do beginners use?? (she didnt say!)

I wonder if I will be this positive when I am aching tomorrow.....

QUICK Q - where or what are you entering it in on exercise and how many calories ?? I have no idea !!!!!!
  • S4llyF
    S4llyF Posts: 37 Member
    Options

DIdnt see you had asked same question as me !!!

I added it as 20 minutes general circuit training in the end !!
  • jbuc07
    Options

That's how I log it. 20 minutes, circuit training, general.
  • jbuc07
    Options
    What weight do beginners use?? (she didnt say!)

I use 3#. That's enough for me! LOL
  • jessicajonnie
    jessicajonnie Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I started the workout yesterday with you guys. Not too sore today, but can tell that I worked out. I definitely need to get a better sports bra!
  • TseliB
    TseliB Posts: 300 Member
    Options

That's how I log it. 20 minutes, circuit training, general.

Oh, cool. Thanks :)
  • assetntessa
    assetntessa Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Day 1 down! I did half of the video yesterday, just to check it out when I had a few minutes and I even felt that today! Today, I officially did the full Level 1 video. Love that it goes SO fast!
  • jeolsliesmomma
    Options
    I think I'm having some detox symptoms or something from cutting out sugar, lol, I hope I can muster up the energy to give this a go tonight!
  • TP2323
    TP2323 Posts: 32
    Options
    We're supposed to cut out sugar?
  • jeolsliesmomma
    Options
    I quit drinking soda/cut way back on sugar for my New Years resolution lol, it doesn't really have anything to do with the challenge other then I feel yucky today so I think I'll start tomorrow :-)
  • melgchildress
    Options
    Completed Day 1 earlier today and it KICKED MY BUTT but loved every minute of it knowing that I will become a healthier person. My 8.5 year old twins even "worked out" along side of me and helped push me through to the end.
  • SharkBaitRachy
    SharkBaitRachy Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    Fell asleep when the kids fell asleep after dinner. :-/ getting ready for Level 1 Day 1 now. Yay!
  • jbuc07
    Options
    Completed Day 1 earlier today and it KICKED MY BUTT but loved every minute of it knowing that I will become a healthier person. My 8.5 year old twins even "worked out" along side of me and helped push me through to the end.
    HAH! My 3yo was doing that! He went and got his little soup cans and would go right along. Then, he'd stop and watch, and if I missed something, he'd be "Momma, like this. you're not doing it, look!" LOL. Talk about accountability!
  • oes82330
    oes82330 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Finished level 1 day 1 yesterday
  • SharkBaitRachy
    SharkBaitRachy Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    If anyone wants the list of the exercises for each level: http://www.sparkpeople.com/myspark/team_messageboard_thread.asp?board=0x22241x26438537