Rewards?

Options
jillmarie125
jillmarie125 Posts: 418 Member
How do you reward yourself for weight loss? I found that it has been really helpful for me. It hasn't always been when I lose X I get this. Most of it was...if you eat well for a week (getting back on track type of thing) you can buy this. I have never rewarded myself with food. Because someone once told me "you reward dogs with food...you are not a dog." I usually reward myself with make-up and shoes. Never clothes, because I need clothes.

Well I am 2 pounds away from 80 pounds gone. That reward has been a new tattoo. I made my appointment today for Jan 31st. I think making the appointment now, knowing that if i dont lose the 2 pounds I will cancel, will make me work so much harder.

Do you have rewards set in place? Have you rewarded yourself so far?

Jill

Replies

• CrusherKun
    CrusherKun Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    Excellent post Jill!

Honestly for me, the weight loss is the reward. I cant say that I have set rewards for myself, but, in terms of weightloss, I know its going to allow me to do more things which is rewarding in itself. Also, the thought of finally being able to buy and wear nice clothing again is something i am very much looking forward to. For the past 10 years, my clothing options have been limited due to not only my waist but my height. Even shopping at big and tall stores, there are only so many items that look good. Sad to say, that i have a monday shirt, tuesday shirt, wednesday shirt and so on. I long to be able to have the ability to dress nicer. Sure i can now, but to have the same styles i would like to wear, i better be willing to pay more $$$ to do so.
  • jillmarie125
    Options
    I hear ya about wanting to dress nicer! At 240 pounds my wardrobe was small. i didnt want to shop. I had 5 shirts and 3 pairs of pants that fit. I think they were maternity even though my daughter was a year and a half.

I agree that the weight loss in itself is the big reward. maybe i just like to have a reason to spend money! :)
  • CrusherKun
    Options
    I use to be a big tech shopper....prior to the kids I was always updating my PC memory and other components. Heck my PC I use now is my old gaming rig and is probably worth about $5000 when it was built if someone like Dell or Gateway built it. Lucky for me, I had a BiL who is as fanatical about tech as I was and I got it for $1700! But of course now it is getting outdated and I don't game anymore on it. Although I have been giving thought to starting up again!
  • MysteriousMerlin
    MysteriousMerlin Posts: 2,270 Member
    Options
    My ultimate reward would be a nice juicy healthy pink baby of my own :laugh:
  • jillmarie125
    Options
    This makes me smile so much!
  • CrusherKun
    Options

This^

Juicy huh? Like a piece of meat or a ripe orange?