:(

Options
I'm back on the lose weight plan. I am 36, have 3 kids (age 10, 6, and 2), work full time outside the home, and my husband works midnight's so during the week I am like a single parent.

Got on the scales last night and I am back up to 165! I had gotten down to about 145 between each kid. I am very unhappy with my weight but with being on the go with the kids all the time, keeping up with housework, and sitting behind a desk all day, I'm finding it hard to stay on track.

Cooking separate meals for myself and working out 30 minutes a day sound like a good idea but trying to essentially cook 2 meals after working all day, helping with homework, getting everyone bathed, running errands, 2 kids in sports every season. It's just not going to happen.

I'm feeling guilty because I am not taking care of myself. Just need motivation and support from others who are going through the same thing.

Replies

• MrsG31
    MrsG31 Posts: 364 Member
    Options
    I am right there with ya!

I work full time have 2 kids, a 5 yr old and 2 yr old. I get up about 6ish each morning to get myself ready, pack my lunch and DD lunch/snack, get the kids up and dressed then off to school, daycare, and work for me by 8am. I am often late to work. I get off at 4:30, pick up the youngest at daycare, and am usually at home around 5:15-5:30. Thankfully my hubs picks up DD from school. She is in kindergarten, so this is the 1st year we have done this routine. When I get home, I have to unload everything, use the restroom, check homework, then we have dinner. After dinner, depending on the night, it's dishes or laundry, running errands, or bath time for the kiddos. I don't have the space to "get away" for 30 minutes on my own to do a DVD or something. My kids are NOSY and are always up my butt. They ask me for everything even when their dad is in the room with them and I am 3 rooms away. And we try to get them in bed by 8:30 at the latest, so I also feel terribly guilty taking away time from the 3 hours we get to spend with them on weekdays to do a workout routine. And don't even get me started on the guilt I would have if I took them to a gym daycare after work after they have been at school and daycare all day.

I know I can do this. I did it last year. I used to do arm exercises, squats, lunges, planks, etc while watching TV after the kids went to bed. Then I even started getting up earlier and doing a work-out DVD. But I just fell off the wagon and out of my routine and am really struggling to find the motivation again.
  • Cheeky_and_Geeky
    Cheeky_and_Geeky Posts: 984 Member
    Options
    I would do us on making healthy food choices more than exercising. You will lose weight eating at a deficit, no matter if you workout or not. Www.fitnessblender.com has free workouts ranging from 5-30mins, which include yoga, strength training, HIIT, kickboxing, Pilates. Do a 10min workout 3X week, then go from there. I only worked out on the weekends when I was working fulltime. I was away from my child most of the day so of course I didn't want to be away from her to workout any more than I had to. That's why I focused on my diet. Good luck!