Cat stretch! MEOOOOOOW! 1/10/14

Options
garlic7girl
garlic7girl Posts: 2,234 Member
Have you ever noticed how limber a cat is? You ever see how the stretch and contort their bodies?!! Well, there is something to that! We can have it too at varying degrees.

http://www.dietsinreview.com/diet_column/12/four-ways-to-gain-more-flexibility-in-2014-including-one-that-may-surprise-you/

I ignored this until 2 years ago and even then it took me another year to actually move my butt and put it into action!!!!!! Ha! It is true any fitness program should include cardio, strength or some call it resistance training and flexibility ( I would even add coordination & balance but who am I). But each of us due to our unique personalities and likes and dislikes usually cater to one of them more then the other. I used to only strecth maybe 5 minutes and that was it. But I see how not having flexibility reeked havoc on my form and technique with exercise. I did Burpees the other day and my back didn't hurt!!! But I had been doing yoga for about a straight week. WOW! I am so excited so friends find some way to include flexibility which ever and however you can!

Oh and this is for the men!
http://greatist.com/fitness/men-yoga-stereotypes

Get in some stretching today!

WW

Replies

• WarriorCupcakeBlydnsr
    WarriorCupcakeBlydnsr Posts: 2,150 Member
    Options
    Hmmm, interesting I never thought about the sauna one, that's new to me (of course, I don't have access to one, but I didn't know you could use that.) Thankfully with the group fitness classes we do stretch. I did yoga years ago (at a different place, but it got too crowded so I stopped), it wasn't bad, but it wasn't for me. I usually use some of the stretches we do in dance class before we start since they are really good, (I really need to get back into the back stretch to get my back worked out again, it's been so long and every time I do, I end up with a cramp in my bad ankle/foot, but I'll keep going.)
  • Mazydasiy2001
    Mazydasiy2001 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I do before running and walking in C25k, And do a cool down afterward will make sure to add to my exercise routine.

Kim