A mostly helpful slideshow for Brides

Options
MrsK20141004
MrsK20141004 Posts: 489 Member
This is a MOSTLY helpful article for a bride. I originally wrote this post up for the general forums but in fear of those not-so-nice MFP'ers I decided to post here... I didn't change much from what I was going to post to the general MFP public though:

I'm a bride. My wedding is October 4, 2014. Last January I logged into MFP and haven't stopped since. I haven't dropped a lot of weight but I've made positive changes I can stick to and found that there are some exercises I really enjoy. I am training to run a 10k or half this spring and LOVE NROL4W (which is why part of this article really bugged me). While browsing around the internet I received notification of something I might be interested in. Some of the tips were helpful if you can get past the title.

A special thanks to internet cookies because all my ads are for diets and bridal stuff...

How Not to Look Fat at Your Wedding.

How insulting is that? Its not "how to look your best". Its not "how to feel and look great". Nope. How Not to Look Fat. Talk about preying on people's fears but I digress...

Here is the link:
http://www.shefinds.com/2013/how-to-not-look-fat-at-your-wedding/wedding-dress-silhouette/#slide0

Here is a little exerpt which was my favourite (*sarcasm*) part of the slideshow:

"Do the right exercises. Instead of focusing your pre-wedding workouts on building muscle in place of fat, try exercises that are more for toning. Think yoga and pilates which will help you lose weight without adding lots of bulky muscle."

Its frustrating that myths like muscle makes your bulky are being perpetuated to people who are vulnerable to begin with (especially brides and women in general). Through the media we're constantly being told we're not good enough because we're too fat or too thin (our hair isn't the right colour, or length, etc...) and then to tell us that we'll get bulky if they don't do things like yoga or pilates.

Aside from the insulting title there were some helpful tips about avoiding bloat and such... figured I'd pass it along anyways.

Edited for spelling.

Replies