blenders used to make smoothies and purees?

Options
I'm looking for a name of a blender or something similar to make smoothies and to puree food. I know I'll be needing one to do this in my first and second phase. :flowerforyou:

Replies

• SibylDiane
    SibylDiane Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    I used a food processor (Cuisinart Mini Prep Plus) for purees, and I use an immersion blender (Cuisinart CSB-76BC) for shakes & smoothies. IMO you can't beat an immersion blender for shakes - they are much easier to use and clean than regular blenders, and they get virtually no air in the shake, unlike either regular blenders or shaker bottles. Mine is the most-used tool in my kitchen. Oh and I got both of these on Amazon, they come in a zillion different colors and are eligible for Amazon Prime.
  • suzee279
    Options
    I got one of these countertop bullet blenders. It is perfect for shakes and puree as it can handle up to 16 Oz or so at a clip. One of the very best things I made sure I had leading up to the surgery.
  • Losing_Sarah
    Losing_Sarah Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    I had a magic bullet from when I made my daughters baby food a few years ago and dusted it off to use for myself. It worked great for my pureed stage, and I still use it for protein smoothies.
  • szbikowski
    Options
    I got the Nutribullet for Christmas and I couldn't be happier. It is so easy to use and more importantly easy to clean. It's so easy to use, my children make their own fruit and veggie smoothies everyday. We all love our Nutribullet!
  • Dacia327
    Dacia327 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I have a Ninja, LOVE it! The one I have came with the blender, food processor and 2 individual serving smoothie cups.
  • minndream
    Options
    I have a Ninja single serve that I got at Walmart on Black Friday for $35.00, wanted Nutri Bullet but didn't really wanna spend $99.
  • hurricanelena
    hurricanelena Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    I agree with the Ninja recommendations. I have the one with a blender and 2 individual serving smoothie cups that I got at Bed Bath & Beyond for around $100 (with one of their many 20% coupons). I am just entering my 2 pre-op liquid diet, and I find that I use it several times a day.
  • kimmysleeved
    kimmysleeved Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    VITAMIX!! the most amazing machine ever. not cheap, but worth it.
  • reneemosley
    reneemosley Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Magic bullet great, Ninja great, both worked well for me.
    I just got my first Vitamix and if your planning on drinking smoothies for the long haul I highly recommend, its worth the investment. You will at some point want to incorporate veggies in your diet and what better way? You can also make your own nut milk, hummus, pureed soups, the list goes on.
    It is a great platform for healthy whole food eating.
  • capecodgirl50
    capecodgirl50 Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the inuput.

I was watching an infommercial the other day and they had the Nutribullet featured. They offered two for the price of one. So, because of your comments, I took the chance and ordered them. One for my home and the other for the Cape house.

So I got the both for $120, incl. shipping. I think that's a good deal. I plan on using them for my shakes and purees. I really want to succeed in this journey. :flowerforyou:
  • beckybrn
    Options
    Hope you enjoy the Nutribullet. I have one and love it for pureeing foods - it is very quick.