My gym doesn't have 2.5lb plates

Options
mdivamuffin
mdivamuffin Posts: 164 Member
Hi all,

I just started SL yesterday and in the PDF he says to move up by 5lbs each time. Tomorrow I'll be squatting again but as the smallest plates my gym has are 2.5kg(5.5lbs) and I'll need one for each side of the bar, I'll have to move up by 11lbs each time instead of 5. I'm thinking this is too much?? Any ideas what I should do? Anyone else have this problem?

Thanks in advance :smile:

Replies

• cmeiron
    cmeiron Posts: 1,599 Member
    Options
    If it was me, I'd buy my own set of 2.5lb-ers and bring them to the gym...it's such a small weight it wouldn't cost very much at all; you're likely to find it hard to go up in 10 lb increments on some of the lifts...
  • wendypow
    wendypow Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    I ordered my 1.25# from Amazon. They have all sizes, and it shouldn't cost too much to ship that amount of weight.

:smile:
  • mdivamuffin
    Options
    Thanks for the advice. Ordered two plates online. They should be here in a week. Didn't even think of doing that so thanks a mil :smile:
  • Amazing1985RSD
    Options
    Until you get them: If the Weight feels light, feel free to make the larger increments.

Otherwise feel free.
  • mdivamuffin
    Options
    Thank you. Yeah I was thinking that myself. Will move up 5kg on next lifting day and see how that feels. I've only done two days so far :smile: