Anyone have success stories with a wii fit?

Options
Hi all! Newbie here :)

I was just wondering how many people felt they had had success with using a wii fit? I am a stay at home mum and in Australia right now the temperature outside is a scorcher. I also like to work out after my baby is asleep. I find the Wii wonderful for being able to work out when I want, but I am starting to worry that I am relying on it too much?

I do also use a resistance band DVD and I walk a lot, but I want to know if it's been a success for others?

Cheers and hi!

Replies

• editorgrrl
    editorgrrl Posts: 7,060 Member
    Options
    To lose weight, you have to eat at a deficit. I don't burn many calories on the Wii, but I'm increasing my stamina & endurance, and building a little lean body mass.

And every little bit helps.
  • steengod
    steengod Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I use Wii fit plus for training 3-4 times a week.

I have made my own routines of mainly yoga and yoga like activities.

I also walk, but we will have snow here soon, and I find the Wii fun and can still do some exercices.

I have recently bought a lot of used exercise games for my Wii of different kinds, but have not tried them all yet, other than a simple test to se if it works.

EA Sports active 2 and Get fit with Mel B, also uses a resistance band.
  • Quieau
    Quieau Posts: 428 Member
    Options
    I lost my first 72 lbs in 5 months using an elliptical and the wii ... love the cardio stuff, love the strength, love the games! i do it all! the best burns are in boxing, tennis and other very active games. It all depends on what you put into it. You can make the games work moving no more than your wrist, but the more you put into the more you will burn. If you're not sweating, you're not doing it right!

To keep the action moving, dance in between plays, and fast forward through replays with the A button ...
  • bbrat333
    bbrat333 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    I lost over 70 lbs and all my exercise was wii fit plus, yoga and walking. I wasted too many gym memberships going just once or twice a month, and having it at home and not being too difficult to get ready was good for me. If you want to be burning calories spend more time in the aerobics section. If you are toning, more time in the strength. I think I spent most of my beginning time in yoga & balance, then transitioned into most of my time in aerobics and strength with balance & yoga scattered here & there for entertainment & stretching. If you get into it you burn more than if you are just following the steps too. And although some seem easy, getting high scores will open up many advanced levels of activities which make them longer or more difficult as you improve.

It's time for me to get back into it as I have been off for about a year and gained most of my weight back :sad:

Best of luck to you. Anyone feel free to add me if you would like.
  • babybellyfat
    babybellyfat Posts: 1,102 Member
    Options
    I also have lost tons of weight with eating healthy, and wii fit games! :)