hello everyone

Options
tskvaughn
tskvaughn Posts: 114 Member
I am new to the group. I have "mindlessly" eaten my way back up to a size 20W after my oldest daughter's battle with cancer, a battle she lost. My younger daughter joined me in the mindless eating. I am far to old for a bikini, and my goal is to get back to a 10-12. This is for my health and to be an example for my surviving daughter.
At this point, I can't face the scale. Now, that may sound silly, but this works for me. By my size, I am guessing I have about 70 3s to do. I am measuring my loss by inches, and size. I will monitor my weight when I can comfortably zip up a size 16W.
Am using the fitbit. It has been a shocker seeing how inactive I have become. Today is my 7th day of 1200 calories or under and I have gone up to almost 9000 steps (yesterday) from about 1800 (measuring by what I was doing). As soon as I get my after Christmas clean up and storing done will start my recumbent bike. When I feel that I have improved my stamina, may go the personal trainer route.
I will be 60 in November, so this is a journey to there, It will be exciting to see where I am on that birthday.

Some people argue for weighing every day. This doesn't work for me...it just doesn't. So for now my success will be measured by trying on the next smaller size in jeans every Sunday. and the weighing will start when I hit 16W. By my size, I have a pretty good idea about what I weigh, but cannot deal with the actual reality of seeing it on a scale. The reality that I wear a 20, is all I can take.