Week 7: Mini goals

Options
kawookie
kawookie Posts: 813 Member
In this thread feel free to find 2-4 goals that you will focus on achieving over the week. It is easier in a long challenge to make short term goals for yourself. These generally should be things that are achievable by your actions rather than losing an amount of weight.

Replies

• kawookie
    Options
    Mini goals 1/5 - 1/11
    1. Find the measuring tape! -- Yes
    2. Exercise at least 30 minutes everyday (even though I have some virus -- no excuses) - I had to sit out monday because I was too ill, but I did the other days).
    3. Do something challenging at least once this week! - Working out this week was very challenging. I also tried a few new exercise videos.

Mini goals 1/12- 1/19
    1. To work out for 45 minutes or more most days (5x a wk)
    2. To attempt the Walking Dead pre-challenge for week 2
    3. Go to bed earlier and get more sleep (still fighting off a virus)
  • IrisRoseGingersnap
    IrisRoseGingersnap Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Last Week's Goals:

Exercise five days this week. Alternating Leslie Sansone walks with Ripped in 30.
    I exercised exactly two days this week: Mon and Tue and then gave into the gloomy gusses.
    Stay under calorie goal every day this week.
    I was under 5 out of 7 days.
    Only eat home cooking.
    At work on Friday a vendor brought in Papa John's pizza and mega cookies and I partook instead of eating the lunch I had brought. Then, the pump being primed, we ordered more of the same for supper that night and ate leftovers for lunch on Saturday. But other than that...

Not really sure about this week's goal. One decision I'm struggling with is whether to just do Leslie Sansone dvds and maybe walking outside if it's nice, things that are relatively easy and not unpleasant to do or should I keep trying to challenge myself with the Jillian Michaels workouts which are great if I'm in the right frame of mind, but a barrier if I'm feeling kind of funky / in a funk. If anyone has any thoughts...
  • kawookie
    Options
    @Mariabelle - I think that pushing yourself is good but perhaps the Jillian needs to be a stretch goal. Like:

I will work out 6 days this week a minimum of 30 minutes a time. Doing Jillian counts for two workouts because it is so much more challenging.

Personally, I think moving is the important thing for physical and mental well-being. Perhaps you should get some advanced Leslie videos with HIIT training, for example, and challenge yourself to do more advanced walks?