Level 1 Day 4

Options
jbuc07
jbuc07 Posts: 914 Member
Oh, today was GOOD! I didn't feel like working out at all. BUT, I did it. And, I pushed myself! I did 9 pushups the first round, and 3 the second!! (Then switched to my knees) And, the anterior raises were better. I only missed one raise the first round!!!

Replies

• alli4795
    alli4795 Posts: 672 Member
    Options
    Awesome work!! I am still struggling with the anterior raises and end up alternating one arm at a time....but you are inspiration to go for all of them in at least one round :)
  • jbuc07
    Options
    Thanks! It's hard!! I never thought about just doing 1 arm! I'll have to try that in the 2nd round... I just dropped my arms LOL

Way to push through though! Tomorrow, we're half way through level 1!!!!
  • oes82330
    oes82330 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I have found that if I drop one of my weights on the raises and hold one weight with both hands I can push a few more out. I'll have to try alternating my arms, I hadn't thought of doing that!
  • TseliB
    TseliB Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    Literally had to drag myself out of bed for this one. Slept so late last night, but I did it anyway and now I'm feeling super energetic. Push ups are still tough, but getting so much better! Maybe I'll be able to do them all on my toes by the end of this level... :D
  • S4llyF
    S4llyF Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Done as well :):)

I did ALL the push ups today- modified, but didnt stop - which is a first!! I put a small cushion on the mat to kneel on - WHAT a difference that made!!!!!!
    Am wracking my brains to think which one the anterior raises are - I am guessing I struggle on them but dont know!
    I had to buy weights and bought 1kg ones - I think they are probably a little on the light side if I am honest as I can do all the arm stuff without too much agony!!!

I think finally I have my *kitten* sorted each day - sports kit on (first day I did it in PJs and bare foot as am doing it literally first thing before showering), mat and weights purchased, drink in reach !!!

Roll on tomorrow...
  • jbuc07
    Options
    Done as well :):)

I did ALL the push ups today- modified, but didnt stop - which is a first!! I put a small cushion on the mat to kneel on - WHAT a difference that made!!!!!!
    Am wracking my brains to think which one the anterior raises are - I am guessing I struggle on them but dont know!
    I had to buy weights and bought 1kg ones - I think they are probably a little on the light side if I am honest as I can do all the arm stuff without too much agony!!!

I think finally I have my *kitten* sorted each day - sports kit on (first day I did it in PJs and bare foot as am doing it literally first thing before showering), mat and weights purchased, drink in reach !!!

Roll on tomorrow..

Good for you for pushing through!!! The anterior raises are the arm raises on the last circuit. The ones you do with the side lunges, where you bring both weights up to eye level. And, btw, I'm only using 3# weights! LOL And my arms still hurt!
  • oes82330
    oes82330 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Pushed through, even though I really didn't want to get going. I told myself I could quit after the second round if I still felt lazy. I ended up finishing and then doing 10 minutes on the treadmill. Feeling pretty good with myself. Anterior I still had to drop my weights on the second set, but made it through the first set with them.
  • SharkBaitRachy
    SharkBaitRachy Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    Great job everyone!
  • TP2323
    TP2323 Posts: 32
    Options
    This level is quite easy for me. I don't sweat. I have started to burn in my thighs and calves during the cardio. Other than increasing my full out push ups by one each day ( I drop to my knees after that) I end the work out thinking- Is that it? I look forward to level 2.

Still hanging in there because so far I have lost one inch in my waist since starting the shred.
  • melgchildress
    Options
    Day 4 was a bit harder for me because my 8 year old twins decided to exercise along w me and asked about a billion questions throughout the dvd. Completed all of the push ups, jumping jacks and jump ropes ( my knees have killed me on both the jumping jacks and jump ropes) for the first time and almost all of the anterior lunges.
  • j_stewie
    j_stewie Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    My sis-in-law and I will be doing day 4 level 1 tongiht. I know that the switch to level 2 is a personal preference, but I'm curious to know how many days ya'll did level 1 before moving on? :smile:
  • TseliB
    TseliB Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    My sis-in-law and I will be doing day 4 level 1 tongiht. I know that the switch to level 2 is a personal preference, but I'm curious to know how many days ya'll did level 1 before moving on? :smile:

Hey! Most of us did level one for 10 days before moving to L2. Those of us are gonna do 10+10+10 (10 days on each level, with rest days wherever we feel we need them)