Starting TODAY!!!

Options
ct320
ct320 Posts: 89 Member
Hi
Recently I have found myself losing control of my bingeing I have struggled for about 7/8 years with binge eating and bullimia on and off this time I want to do this once and for all and in the long term not be thinking about food constantly and be able to have a treat without it leading to a massive binge

So here goes 8 weeks from today (13/1/14) will be 10/3/14 lets see if I can do it ....then another 8 and another :wink:

feel free to add me I and also join in...I need all the support I can get haha

x

Replies

• musetle
    musetle Posts: 70
    Options
    we are all here to offer you support :) take it one day at a time, you've got this!
  • ct320
    Options
    Hey
    I did day 1 :smile: was a bit of a struggle but just distracted with water and gum but I'm so pleased I am finally getting back some control x
  • rebeccas207
    Options
    I'm starting today as well, had a very bad 3 days of binging. It feels like no one else struggles with food like I do,,, but, this group is a great way to reach out and see others also have binging trouble! So glad I have my pals! I hope for health and happiness for all of us!
  • waffletops
    waffletops Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I'm back on track today after 2 days of overindulging.
    Just remember... we will have those days.... but we are all here to support and help each other through it. :)
  • musetle
    musetle Posts: 70
    Options
    I've found that just one good day after a binge can set the momentum going in the right direction. So if you're feeling particularly horrible after a binge, just focus on achieving that one healthy, binge free day and you'll often find yourself in a much better mind set :)
  • ct320
    Options
    I have really struggled this last few weeks so I know exactly how you feel - its like vicous circle the more you binge the worse you feel the more you eat and the circle continues :grumble:
    But it really is true if you focus on getting just one binge free day you will feel so much happier. I'm now on day 2 binge free after bingeing more or less every day for a couple of months now and on and off for about a year I'm feeling so much more positive like I can actually do this :happy: I know though I will have the odd slip up along the way but hopefully we can beat this together :smile: x
  • ct320
    Options
    I DID IT!!!! my 1st binge free week in months so happy fingers crossed it lasts :wink: x
  • ukulelesez
    Options
    I DID IT!!!! my 1st binge free week in months so happy fingers crossed it lasts :wink: x

Well done! That's awesome. I was a bit more relaxed towards the end of the week and the weekend and found myself really fighting not to keep going back to the 'treats' box where we hide all of the treats, so today I've decided just to not have any trigger foods since I can't slide backwards into it this time.
  • ct320
    Options
    Hiya I know exactly what you mean somedays it's so hard some days but others not too bad - today I had such a strong urge after shopping while I was putting away luckily I had a small bag of pistachios which I ate while I was putting away and the urge faded off I'm so glad I am getting the strength bk to resist I know there will be slip ups along the way but I felt the most gripped by this the last few mths it was getting me so down.
    I've decided not restrict bad foods too much (aslong as I'm not going over cals) as I know it isn't something I can keep up forever and it's caused me to go back to old ways when I try reintroduce I'm going to eat them within reason and fight the urge to binge ...fingers crossed x
  • ct320
    Options
    Well I had a slight hiccup last night and had a small binge after an argument with the bf - it wasn't even anything big but before I even realised I was in the kitchen however I did manage to stop half way through which is miles better than in the past and the ONLY good thing is the reminder of how bad it makes you feel after!

So instead of giving up I am just going to add another day on to the end of my 8 weeks get over it I knew this wasn't going to be easy but it's worth the battle!!
    x
  • ct320
    Options
    well had my 3rd binge since starting my challenge last night and while it was definately better than it could have been I have decided to restart my challenge so my new goal date is 1/4/14.

I am doing so much better than I have in ages though so not letting this ge me down....but theres no point having a challenge if you move the goal posts to allow failure as it is not a challenge at all then!!

hope everyone else is well x