how did everyone do this past weekend?

Options
I have to admit I messed up Sat and didn't log my food the rest of Sat/Sun. I felt like a failure but woke up this am like a new week a new beginning...I can get this and I have the rest of the month to prove it!!!! I got to stop running and wasting the calories burned with empty calories gained!!! I know the fight with my hubby on Friday set it off...I made it Friday but by Sat eve I lost the battle:) On to a new week....

Replies

• sendyb
    sendyb Posts: 4
    Options
    every day is a new day and a new beginning. I have at least 7 lbs. to shed by February 1!!! Gotta make that happen. Didn't do too bad yesterday even though I had about a cup of "real" icecream :) delicious!!! Exercise and good protien this morning, so I am off to a good start. Babysitting for the next three days so that should keep me pretty active the rest of the time. Gotta remember not to let others have control of us!!! Remember that chicka!!!
  • Jagreene62
    Jagreene62 Posts: 4,782 Member
    Options
    Know those hubby issues quite well!! :angry: I actually turn those times into some of the best workouts ever!! :bigsmile: We can't let others dictate what we do with our lives and our bodies....NO MORE!! :noway:

New Day, New Week, New Plan...YOU GOT THIS!!!
  • phn1001
    phn1001 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Me too. I sucked this weekend. But back on track Monday morning. I have to figure out how to go to someone else's house for dinner and cards without blowing it.
  • Jagreene62
    Options
    Me too. I sucked this weekend. But back on track Monday morning. I have to figure out how to go to someone else's house for dinner and cards without blowing it.

I don't know if you can ever really plan for that kind of night. I mean what are you going to do ask for the menu beforehand? :noway: You could always have them to your house ALL the time instead. :laugh:

I think the only way to handle this is to either do a really good workout in advance (at least whatever your food calories are scheduled for the day) or up your calories for that day only (not a lot though). Oh, you could also do the day before and the day after a little better (a greater deficit) than normal to allow for the overage.

Hope these help some what? :flowerforyou:
  • kbolton322
    kbolton322 Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    Last week was very stressful for me with the start of Girl Scout cookie season... But as of Monday I got back on track... I'm doing a clean eating challenge with a friend of mine and I'm doing good in 3 days I have lost 3lbs... so I'm happy with that...
  • Jagreene62
    Options
    Last week was very stressful for me with the start of Girl Scout cookie season... But as of Monday I got back on track... I'm doing a clean eating challenge with a friend of mine and I'm doing good in 3 days I have lost 3lbs... so I'm happy with that...

I would be REALLY HAPPY with that...AWESOME!! :drinker:
  • Jagreene62
    Options
    Well, we've made it to the half way mark....well, at least for January!! :bigsmile:

:drinker: NO SODA. :drinker:
  • garyandkimber
    garyandkimber Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    Sixteen days with no nighttime snacks during downtime with my hubby. A couple of evenings where we were visiting friends and had tea, but you can't really avoid that kind of social eating without being rude. And, I didn't have any more snacks when we got home, which is not always true.

And after 16 days, I'm finally able to say that I am not sitting around craving snacks all evening. Feeling really good about that and about the weight loss I'm seeing!! :bigsmile: The math is kind of scary -- a 150 calorie snack every night of the year adds up to a 15 pound difference. :huh:
  • Jagreene62
    Options
    Sixteen days with no nighttime snacks during downtime with my hubby. A couple of evenings where we were visiting friends and had tea, but you can't really avoid that kind of social eating without being rude. And, I didn't have any more snacks when we got home, which is not always true.

And after 16 days, I'm finally able to say that I am not sitting around craving snacks all evening. Feeling really good about that and about the weight loss I'm seeing!! :bigsmile: The math is kind of scary -- a 150 calorie snack every night of the year adds up to a 15 pound difference. :huh:

Feels really good to take back the POWER of your own body, huh?? You are well on your way now!! AWESOME!! :flowerforyou:
  • Jagreene62
    Options
    Here's to a new weekend ahead....ready?? :drinker:

NO SODA still going strong!!!
  • Emma083
    Emma083 Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    I fell of the wagon. Last night I drank 2 glasses of wine :sad:
    But I am back again! I will not drink alcohol the rest of the month!
  • JenestaM
    JenestaM Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    This past week has been full of hormonal issues, which has given me an extreme sweet tooth. I realized that what I gave up for the month of January wasn't that hard to give up, and that I should have given up dessert instead! So starting tomorrow I'm going to switch things -- eat the thing I was going to give up for January (Better n' Peanut Butter) INSTEAD of dessert for the rest of the month. Because at least Better n' Peanut Butter is low fat! Completely cutting out dessert will be challenging, but I love Better n' Peanut Butter a LOT.

We're at the halfway mark guys! We can do this!
  • Jagreene62
    Options
    This past week has been full of hormonal issues, which has given me an extreme sweet tooth. I realized that what I gave up for the month of January wasn't that hard to give up, and that I should have given up dessert instead! So starting tomorrow I'm going to switch things -- eat the thing I was going to give up for January (Better n' Peanut Butter) INSTEAD of dessert for the rest of the month. Because at least Better n' Peanut Butter is low fat! Completely cutting out dessert will be challenging, but I love Better n' Peanut Butter a LOT.

We're at the halfway mark guys! We can do this!

YES WE CAN!! :drinker:
  • Jagreene62
    Options
    Still going strong with NO SODA!! :drinker: Over the half way mark!! Oh yeah...I think I am gonna make this happen!! :bigsmile:
  • Jagreene62
    Options
    Doesn't look like a lot of people are really still going with this, but I AM!! :drinker: I so want to beat this. I have been a soda addict all my life. I want to stop it for good and so far so good!!!

CONGRATS TO ALL THE DENVER FANS!!
  • Jagreene62
    Options
    Well, I'm still hanging around and going strong!!! NO SODA!!! :drinker:
  • garyandkimber
    garyandkimber Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    I'm still doing this!!! No late night snacks with my hubby while we're winding down in the evening. (Can't avoid having tea when we have guests or are visiting someone else, but that's not really where my problem lies anyway. You know you have a snacking problem, when you're not just a social snacker, but you find yourself snacking at home alone. :laugh: ) And I'm starting to crave them less and less. This first couple of weeks were killer, but I think I've beat this habit. I'm hoping for an extra weight loss boost by the end of the month, too (this week has thrown me off since it's that time of the month, so I'm not sure where I really am).

One month of no snacking has been exactly what I needed. I think in February, I'm going to allow myself to have them, but on occasion and in moderation -- for example, maybe once a week and staying within my calorie budget. :smile:
  • Jagreene62
    Options
    One month of no snacking has been exactly what I needed. I think in February, I'm going to allow myself to have them, but on occasion and in moderation -- for example, maybe once a week and staying within my calorie budget. :smile:

Yes, keeping it within the calorie count is the key for sure!!! You're doing GREAT!! :drinker:
  • JenestaM
    JenestaM Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I was doing great for a few days, to the point that I didn't think about dessert. But then I went out for dinner unexpectedly with my husband, and I completely forgot that I was giving up dessert! I don't know how I forgot -- I think it's because when I go to restaurants getting a dessert is routine for me, while when I'm eating at home it's easier to remember because it's not and I have the Better n' Peanut Butter around to eat. So I've decided to reset the clock for 2 weeks (since I was originally going to do this modified challenge for 2 weeks.) That takes me past January, but I don't care.

It's been great seeing so many people staying on the wagon, and refusing to get off when they get knocked down!