Tall girls too skinny?

Options
nicolen160
nicolen160 Posts: 197 Member
I am 6ft tall and I have lost a total of 109 lbs and now I am sitting at 193. I set my orignial goal to be 175, since that is a healthy weight for my height but I am not sure I want to stop there, however I keep getting the dreaded look and gasp from friends and family when I tell them I still want to lose more, "you'll be too skinny" and all that, you know! Anyway I thought I would find out what my tall girls on MFP think. So I would love to see pics of you with your weight and height so I can get an idea. Thanks to everyone for your help! Keep up the great work everyone :)

Replies

• MommaKit79
    Options
    OK, for one, it is all about YOU! What do YOU feel like at that weight and what you think you could lose. I have a 6'1" friend on here who is about 200 but she looks amazing and she doesn't feel she needs to lose much more. I also have another who is 163 and again, looks amazing.

It all depends on your body composition and how you feel! I have been told the same thing as well. I am 6'2" and 211 right now and have been down to 205. I know I still have a belly and thigh excess (which is usually covered well by clothes) so I know I still have more to lose, probably about 20 lbs then we will see. BUT, everyone tells me I don't need to lose that much and I wouldn't look right. For one, they are used to seeing you a certain way and when you are trying to change your appearance, they cant necessarily picture you smaller.

Think about what YOU want and how YOUR body feels and go from there. As long as there are no issues with body image (whatever that is called) then I say go for it. If your healthy, then do what YOU feel your body can do!!

CONGRATS on the weight loss so far!!! AWESOME!!!!
  • nicolen160
    nicolen160 Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    Thanks so much Momma, that is how I feel too, but thought I would throw the question out there. I feel better now than I ever have and I think I will just know when it is enough so I will just keep plugging away. You are taller than me girl and you are rockin' 211lbs so congrats to you!
  • sarrah_n
    sarrah_n Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your AMAZING WORK!

As long as you are achieving your weight loss in a healthy manner and are adequetely fueling your body, I don't see a problem with continuing to lose weight. Your body will start to slow down on weight loss as you get eanr your natural healthy weight. Friends and familya re often shocked by this process because it seems to be "Drastic" in their eyes, but I had to put it into perspective for myself: They are used to me the way I was; it's not their fault but they will get used to it as it becomes the new normal me :)

Just remember to stay HEALTHY!

I'm 5'10 and 137lbs, now maintaining. I have decreased my body fat percentage and increased my muscle mass while losing 15lbs and feel great. But 137 lbs would look very different on another woman the same height. I have chicken legs, no hips, and no butt; never have. Every body is designed differently.
  • carakit
    carakit Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    I am 6'2" and my doctor told me that I should weigh 170-180. So I don't think you are off base at all. Try not to worry about what others say, as long as you are being healthy do whatever you want!! Congrats on your success!!!
  • raizelchaya
    raizelchaya Posts: 54 Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    I am 6"1" and trying to go down from 215 to 175. I am now 206 after 53 days. Those people who were telling you to stop were just trying to adjust to your new look, They are wrong and if they were dieting they wouldn't want someone telling them to stop. Give off a more confident vibe and they won't bother you. If you doubt yourself they will also. Six foot and 193 is still slightly overweight. Anywhere from 165 to 180 is much better.
  • deannc1
    deannc1 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    I agree. I'm also 6ft tall and am most comfortable at 175-180lbs.
  • feliciaboots
    feliciaboots Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    I'm 6'1", 216 lbs as of this morning. My Mom is staying I need to *GAIN* weight.

My goal is 200 lbs.