Hi!!

Options
FungusGirl
FungusGirl Posts: 27 Member
I'm new to the group-I had been using Calorie Count for a while and popped up once on here (but had not been back for a while). I am happy there are MS groups on here (What does Mfp's mean)?
I am back on something close to a Ketogenic Diet (I used to be less than 100 pounds...4 years, massive steroids and meds-here I am losing weight all over again).
I stopped any disease modifying meds, no more steroids and am finally losing weight and feeling a bit better all around.
Just wanted to say hello!!

Replies

• bigldesigns
    bigldesigns Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    Hi and Welcome to MS MFP's,

MFP = MyFitnessPal (the name of this site)

For now, I am still using Copaxone, but I am working hard trying to eat Paleo - still eating oats and occasional pasta and not giving up my legums, with the aim of coming off Copaxone as soon as my MRI shows signs of improvement.

I am always seeking out anti-inflammatory foods so that I can stay off the steroids.
    Cutting Dairy 100% has made a big difference to everything as well.. Migranes went away, Sinus cleared, Brain Fog reduced, Energy Levels increased and as a bonus weight started falling off!!

Feel Free to add me

Allie
  • macchiatto
    macchiatto Posts: 2,890 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm brand-new to the group, too but glad to see another newbie here, especially since it looks like there hasn't been much activity lately. / I have had the best luck with the Dukan Diet. I've thought about trying the Best Bet MS Diet or something similar, but ... I don't know; I'm just not sold yet.