Pregnancy Massage

Options
I'm going for a massage today - so excited. Whole body but focusing on lower back. I'll let you know how I get on. If its good I might try and get one every couple of weeks or month.

Replies

• Nike13
    Nike13 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    I've been wondering about getting one, hope it goes well!
  • absolutionneverrelativity
    Options
    So i went for my massage it wasn't dissapointing but it wasn't fantastic either. She was very gentle which was relaxing but I like my massages a little on the rough side (so they can really get into the muscle tissue). I dont like to be told how to do my job so I didn't want to make her feel uncomfortable by saying can you go a little harder! Also funny moment on the table.....

As most of you know we cant get massages once we get a wee bump on our stomachs, so the massage was done on my side. At one stage she ended up telling me to change my position (which in the end was just changing sides). How she described the change of position was really odd so I misinterpreted and ended up on my hands and knees in a somewhat "doggy" style I was thinking jezz whats this women got planned for me. She then realised her instructions weren't to clear and said I just want you to change sides is all. I laughed and said "oh good you had me a little worried there". So all and all might go again but maybe to a different place? and diffinitly no more than once a month.
  • IndianMuslim
    Options
    LOL!

I really want to get a massage as well, but I'm nervous. Last time I was pregnant, I went to get a facial in my 5th month, and felt so faint with the steam that they had to cut the facial short.

I'm looking forward to pampering myself once the baby is born. I want to get my hair colored, get a facial, pedicure / manicure, and a massage while I'm visiting my parents in Houston :-)
  • tiggerhammon
    tiggerhammon Posts: 2,211 Member
    Options
    I have had a massage about once a month since getting pregnant. I never would have gone had it not been for the fact that it was my aunt who is the massage therapist. They are just too expensive for my paycheck and my aunt has been doing them at her cost ($10/2hr visit!)

Definitely must have someone not afraid to be rough and get in those tight spots, I don't like pansy massages.