Week Two- A success?

Options
Hi guys, so it's 2 weeks into the new year and I'm wondering how everyone went?
I personally had a bit of a slip up on Sunday night but have since been able to pick myself up from it and otherwise had a pretty good week!

Replies

• zamara1114
    zamara1114 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    So far so good! This is my longest streak for at least six months... Lost 9.5 pounds since New Years (a lot of that was water weight from ridiculous holiday binges). More important than the numbers, though, I feel like I'm getting my life back, and even if I don't lose another pound, it's so worth it just to have more energy, less anxiety about obsessing over food, and not have the bloated, hungover day-after-binge feeling all the time! I hope I can keep this up... I check MFP often for support, get plenty of sleep, have cleared most binge foods out of the house, and try to eat regular meals with enough calories that I don't get ravenous and set myself up for a binge. I'm hopeful that the longer I keep it up, the more good habits I'll form. Two weeks down, next goal = 1 month!
  • Ecampbell64
    Ecampbell64 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I had a really good week. I was surprised when MFP said I'd logged my food for 20 days in a row? It doesn't seem that long. I've never been able to track my food before because it was such a chore. MFP makes it pretty easy, so I've kept doing it. And the weight is coming off!
  • jennie5693
    jennie5693 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Last week was a success! I even went on a date to Buffalo Wild Wings where I thought for sure I would allow myself to binge.... but I didn't! Had 2 lite beers and 5 naked wings (even though I ordered 10).

I am stupid excited about the control I had :)
  • askeates
    askeates Posts: 1,490 Member
    Options
    This has been a crazy week. Monday morning started feeling sick, and by the evening had a full blown sinus infection.... so since I've had no appetite it's gone well.... until lunch today! But even with that little slip, overall, it was ok.
  • Diary_Queen
    Diary_Queen Posts: 1,314 Member
    Options
    Things were going well... but last night was a bomb. I got home to my special needs child being completely out of control, my mother was in a screaming match with my aunt over some stupid family crap and my other child (they're twins) made a failing grade on a test even though he only missed 2 questions out of 15 questions, which should have been an 87, not a 67 as marked. Everything and everybody was in an uproar.

I had been starving all day and all I wanted to really do when I got home was go lay down for a nap... 2 hours and I would have been right as rain. That never happens because as soon as I hit the door, there are all the little starving faces - my mother included. I cook every single meal when I'm home (when I go to my workout class, my mother will nuke a weenie and cheese or some chicken nuggets for my kids - I don't approve, but a conversation with her about her cooking always ends up with her threatening to lock me out and send my kids to CPS/Foster Care so I'd have to fight to get them back).

So, I get off work at 5pm - my drive is 45 minutes at a minimum and 1 hour on a typical day. When I hit the door, I have exactly 1 hour to cook so dinner is ready on time. I wasn't on schedule last night and everything, as I said, was pandemonium! I thought I was doing okay.. ate my dinner and dessert & felt full. BUT! since everyone in the living room was in a pissy mood, I ate in my room while watching TV. After I got my twins to bed, I went back to watching TV and fell asleep with it on. I woke up about 3 am and I remember making a wheat bread sandwich with maple syrup and almonds... I ate most of that standing in the kitchen and some of it in bed. Then I also must've had some goldfish crackers because some were in the bed with me when I woke up this morning along with some graham cracker pieces. Not sure how much I ate of either of those.

I have a sleep-eating disorder that has been managed by hypnosis and good ol' fashioned will power. I am an addict in other respects and unable to take sleep medications that would keep me knocked out and not eating in my sleep.

I'm just so disgusted with myself today. I feel bloated and huge and ugly and worthless because I binged. I've lost so much weight and I've been stuck at this general weight zone for over a year. I'm at work but all I can think about is changing my calorie levels here and going to work out to try to counteract what I did last night.

Not happy.