I like to Move it, Move it! Move it!!!! 1/15/14

Options
garlic7girl
garlic7girl Posts: 2,234 Member
http://www.theleangreenbean.com/move-for-5/

This is cool whether you work from home or go to some place to work. Move every hour. You may not be able to do push-ups or squats at work...your boss may look at you cross eyed but do something!
I am going to try going up and down the stairs at work today!

What will you do?

WW

Replies

• ShellyAnn46
    ShellyAnn46 Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    You know I even have a sit/stand desk and sometimes I forget that I can get up every hour. Thanks WW, I am now setting alarms so I stand every hour for at least 10-15 mins!!!!!!!!!!!
  • WarriorCupcakeBlydnsr
    WarriorCupcakeBlydnsr Posts: 2,150 Member
    Options
    Well, I already move for at least 5 minutes every hour when I'm sitting all day (and even on days that it's my day doing the lab work): I drink lots of water while sitting at my desk ... and the nearest bathroom is on the other side of the building, so I have to get up to walk to the other side of the building at least once an hour (twice if I have a meeting during that hour, since if I didn't have to go while I was sitting, as soon as I stand up, I have to go!) It's not much, but I'm at least moving (my office space isn't big enough for tall me to do push ups and my chair has wheels. And I started making a point to get up and speak to people rather than calling them on the phone or sending an email
  • verdemujer
    verdemujer Posts: 1,397 Member
    Options
    I have wellness time and I have a reminer set up in my email system but this month, I've been blowing it off. No More! I'm desperately behind on my mileage for the month. My building is 3 floor and if I walk up the stairs and across the floors and then down for 7 laps, I walk about 1.5 miles.
  • Hollywoodm55
    Hollywoodm55 Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    Since I got my fitbit for Christmas I've realized that I dont walk enough during the week so I'm trying to make the effort to get up and walk around when I can remember. Today I've taken the stairs a few times to my 4th floor office.