DHA Supplement

RBXChas
RBXChas Posts: 2,708 Member
Hey there,

We are 7.5 months pp and EBFed until 6 months. Now we BF in addition to solids. I still take a prenatal vitamin and have been taking Expect Lipil DHA supplement, which was recommended by my OB. It used to be about $12 for a 30-day supply, and I could get it on Amazon for about $20 for a 60-day supply.

The last time I ran out, I looked on Amazon, and they were no longer available except for $20 and up for a 30-day supply (and no longer sold directly by Amazon). I went to Target because they usually sell it there, and they were out, so I bought the Up & Up version, which is $8-$9 for a 30-day supply. My OB told me during my first pregnancy that this was fine. There were only two boxes there, so I bought them both even though the boxes were all smashed (the blister packs inside were fine).

Well, now I am running out, and my closest Target doesn't sell it anymore. I can go out of my way to a different Target and hope it's in stock. (I'd rather gnaw my own arm off than go to Wal-Mart, so that's a no-go.) Amazon still sells Expecta for $20+ for a 30-day supply, and it's still not sold by Amazon itself. Also, Target does not sell this supplement online, so I can't order $50+ worth and get free shipping.

I'm not sure why the price has doubled in the past couple of months...

So anyway, I could go out of my way to a different Target and hope the Up & Up version is in stock, but I also have Amazon Prime, so I get free 2-day shipping. There are a lot of DHA supplements out there, but very few are labeled as a prenatal/nursing supplement, and it's even more difficult to determine which, if any, of them are plant-based.

Do any of you take a prenatal/nursing plant-based DHA supplement that you recommend? I liked Expecta but am not happy about the price, and Up & Up is ok enough (occasionally I'll have fishy burps even though it's plant-based), but it's getting harder to find them.

Thanks!

Edited for typo