feeling guilty

Options
hnewman07
hnewman07 Posts: 13 Member
does anyone else feel guilty when they make the time to go running but dont have time to work their horse?

Replies

• belles783
    Options
    I was just thinking about this the other day actually. I recently joined a gym and I feel really bad when I come home from work on weeknights and rush to get my horse fed and put away so I can go to the gym. Since it's winter and there isn't much I can do with him so I don't feel as guilty but I always make time for him on the weekends... Plus, he will be benefiting when I lose some weight :wink:
  • AnnaE
    AnnaE Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    I run WITH my horse... Sounds daft, but I'm an endurance rider so it works for me.
    I like Belles783's comment though - the horse will appreciate the lighter rider with better core strength!
  • hnewman07
    hnewman07 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    in the winter i don't feel as bad. but my husband is a john deere mechanic and during harvest he doesnt get home until 9pm and I leave the kids with him and run out the door. then Sundays are his only day off and we usually end up down at the lake. but hopefully this year will be different my youngest will be able to play in the yard and understand when I tell him to stay away
  • Okapi42
    Okapi42 Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    I stopped biking to work because I have to ride every day at the moment. But the horse is a bigger priority than the bike!
  • galvestongal
    galvestongal Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    Yeah I feel guilty. But between weather, short days, work and working out and helping with school work there is just no time. But can't tell my horses that, they get very clingy when I don't have time for them and make me feel worse! lol