need ideas

Options
Jill814
Jill814 Posts: 30 Member
Hi Ladies,
i need some help, after logging a few days i noticed that my breakfast is to high in carbs. i need some ideas for breakfast that are high in protein lower in carbs. i have had my fill of eggs and sausage, i am on an oatmeal kick now but i need to up the protein. i really try not to do meal replacements with shakes because i feel shafted that im not "eating' yes i know i have issues, but i do have them as snacks! i do like cottage cheese and fruit, but i need more ideas.
i can come up with all the none good ones for you, waffles, french toast, cereal :) but i really want to stick with this and be serious so any help you can give me i would appricate it!

Replies

• ELMunque
    ELMunque Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    I don't eat meat or eggs, so I might be the best person to help you. But I have fruit, cheese and nuts for breakfast. I'm a very routine kind of person and eating the same thing everyday doesn't bother me, so that has been my breakfast for a good year at least. The cheese and nuts give me good protien, but a lot of people are afraid of the fats in nuts. I need the protien though, and I never go over on my fats. Sodium and Sugar are my downfalls, not the sodium very often, but the sugars, just about everyday.
  • jillmarie125
    jillmarie125 Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    greek yogurt and fruit or granola
    oatmeal with protein powder mixed in
    egg salad on toast
    bacon...lots of bacon

thats all i got kid!
  • cuinboston2014
    cuinboston2014 Posts: 848 Member
    Options
    I saw somewhere someone recommended adding peanut butter to oatmeal. I tried it and it's SO good.

I buy the lower sugar maple and brown sugar oatmeal which is only 130 cals and i add one tbsp of pb. i may start adding two if i want to get crazy :)

seriously so good
  • Carrie_P81
    Carrie_P81 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    I'd say some kind of nut butter too if you don't want eggs.
  • nancybuss
    nancybuss Posts: 1,461 Member
    Options
    I agree on nut butter, nuts, fruits, cheese

Personally, I'm a Shakeology girl for Breakfast. Before that I was brown sugar and cinnamon oatmeal. The carbs starting making me not feel that great. So I"m not a huge help, its what you don't want